PDA

View Full Version here: : borg refractor

blink138
06-02-2014, 08:07 PM
hello members, anybody have any experience with borg refractors?
i want to get myself a nice apo for both piggyback on my c11 and a standalone imager straight onto my g11
i have corresponded with matthew from AEC and the borg refractors are well priced here, however they are not exactly inexpensive considering they are a doublet with the fpl 51 as the ED element
also at great cost they have a four element f4 super reducer designed for the optics
very little on the internet regarding these apos, any help would be fantastic as it is a huge outlay for me
thanks in advance
pat

brunono2
07-02-2014, 03:16 PM
I had a second hand Borg 125ed which I bought in the usa
I was very pleased with it- extremely light with very good lens -Pentax- only very small amount of CA

Unfortunately this pre 125sd model had collimation issues - very difficult to collimate so I returned it Latest 125sd does not have this issue

I read on cloudy nights that the 125sd will no longer be sold by Hutech

Not sure which Borg refractor that you are looking for but there was a r 76ed for sale on Astrobuysell.com.au in Jan 2013 which may still active

regards

Bruno

blink138
07-02-2014, 06:15 PM
thanks bruno i did see that borg and that is what first got me looking into that scope
i was looking at the 77 or 89ed
the 77 is as much as say the orion or WO triplets with fpl53 so i was just wondering would i be missing something with the borg
pat

LewisM
07-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Martin Pugh was selling a Borg recently - you may want to contact our pre-eminent astroimager and ask his opinion on them :)

blink138
08-02-2014, 02:45 PM
good idea and thanks lewis i did not know he owned one of them
pat