PDA

View Full Version here: : SkySafari for iPad

starfield7
15-01-2014, 01:32 PM
I recently bought SkySafari Pro 4.0 for my iPad 2, after having used SF plus 3.0 for a while.

I absolutely love the SF apps. I no longer use desktop simulation software, as SF gives me all the same features along with the portability.

One thing I should point out though, SF Pro 4.0 runs a bit slow on an iPad 2. I purchased it because it was half price, but I really don't see the benefit over SF Plus 3.

If you have an older iPad, I recommend SF Plus 3 for price and usability.

Regards
David

mithrandir
15-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Just be aware David that the SS3 series will not be updated. They are only still available because SS4 requires iOS7, as does Satellite Safari 1.5

Inmykombi
16-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi Dave,
I have done just the same as you.
I bought the SF4 pro as it was half price.
what a great package it is too.

I am also hoping that I can work out what else I need to use this app to control my LX 200 GPS scope.

Bintel have an Orion Starseek wi-fi module, but it looks like it needs an app called " Starseek astronomy app".
Maybe I am wrong, and maybe it will work with SkySafari ????
maybe some one IIS can advise me.

However the software in Skysafari looks great and works OK on my iPad mini.:D

Half price was a bargain too....

Geoffro.

Allan
18-01-2014, 07:34 PM
G'day Geoff. Do you remember I have that set-up. I have the Orion StarSeek Wi-Fi module, which is the same as the SkyFi module, just with a different sticker on the front.

I use the StarSeek app, which again is the same as Sky Safari 3. I have just upgraded to Sky Safari 4 while it was cheap, so will use that from now on instead of the StarSeek app.

If you buy either the SkyFi or StarSeek Wi-Fi modules they should work for you. If you want to wait, we can plug my module into your scope next time and check it all runs ok.

Nikolas
18-01-2014, 08:27 PM
I have skysafari 4 on my ipad 2 and it runs well. I also have the orion starseek wifi module and it works flawlessly with skysafari 4

Glenn Dawes
20-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi guys,

I'm impressed with this new version as well.
I've found a good use for creating lists in the favorites section (at the bottom of the search area), however, has anyone found how to delete individual items from a list or how to delete an entire list.

Regards

Glenn

mithrandir
20-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Glenn,
To delete an item, open the list, tap "edit", tap the red button next to the victim, and the "delete" button appears.
To delete a list, scroll the search pane to where you can see the name, tap "edit", tap the red button and tap "delete"

Glenn Dawes
20-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks Andrew, most appreciated.
Glenn

Inmykombi
20-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks Allan and Nik and all others for your help.
Alan, I will? take you up on that offer to try your set up with my scope next time we catch up.
Cheers
Geoffro

Shano592
22-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Geoff, remember that wifi signal you picked up at the PC last month?

That was my controller for my LX200. That was running on my Galaxy Note, but wifi is wifi, in this situation. As long as your device can connect in to it, it should be fine.

We can try that, too on yours, to see if it is an easy fix.

I bought that from Astro Devices in Sydney, and it was a quick setup in SkySafari.

Inmykombi
25-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks Shane,
I will definitely try to connect to your wi-fi next time we get together.

coldknights
11-04-2014, 08:47 PM
SkySafari pro version 4 update to version 4.0.5 for iPad is ready !

coldknights
02-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone SkySafari 4 plus is half price till 7th may $8.62
On special for iOS iPads as well$9.99

Also the pro versions are half price !

Amaranthus
02-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Worth it at full price - best (most convenient and therefore most used) Planetarium, astroplanning and telescope controlling software in my arsenal!

CockneyNutjob
03-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I've loaded a couple of apps including SF4 onto my ipad and all working well. My question is how do I load them onto my iPhone without paying for them again?

coldknights
03-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi if your iPhone is on the same account as your iPad do a search on your iphone in the App Store for SkySafari 4 it should come up with the install button or cloud !

CockneyNutjob
03-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Thanks Cathy, I did that and it came up with a little cloud and loaded without asking for any account information.

Now I've got about another 30 apps to transfer between the two ;0(