PDA

View Full Version here: : After PMX cam stop adjustment, have to redo PEC ?

DavidNg
03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
My PMX RA worm belt slipped during CCD camera removal. I'll have to tighten worm belt following Bisque readjusting cam stop instruction. Will my old PEC curves no longer valid after adjustment? It was a pain working on PMX's PEC.

Thanks
David

Joshua Bunn
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
my thoughts would be no. PE is a function of the worm cycle so the belt should not be a factor.

PRejto
04-12-2013, 03:46 PM
My guess is "maybe." It might depend on what the original PE curve looked like. I'm told that the small wavy curves over the cycle are the pinion gears so perhaps tightening the belt, or changing the position of the belt with respect to the two gears, might change the PE. Best to make the adjustment and check your old PEC and just see if it works. I'd be interested to hear how that turns out.

Peter

gregbradley
04-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Good question. I think some trial and error will be your answer. Try a guided run after and with everything else equal see if you are still getting round stars at 10 minutes. If you are then no problem.

Greg.

frolinmod
04-12-2013, 10:23 PM
It would be easier to just re-do your PEC. It's not difficult and it only takes about half an hour to program then double check. Please do it so as to put your mind at ease.

Extra bonus points if you want to show us the original vs. new PE (that is, answer your own question with real data).

DavidNg
04-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. Fortunately I didn't have to adjust cam stop as balancing alone has prevented further slippage..for the moment as worm belt is definitely loose.

Last night I've tried several 10m subs guided with all settings equal as before. (please see picture below) Stars appeared rounded. Like Greg used to say, if things aren't broken..I'll leave the PEC alone. Previously with PEC, I followed some IIC users here with Southern Hemisphere method, i.e. waited the right setting figures, every time I did and redid the curves looked difference, never quite understood what was going on :)

Thanks again.
David