PDA

View Full Version here: : Gemini G11 gemini.net woes on XP

leinad
21-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Ok this one has completely got me stumped.

I'm running a fitpc2 now with XP 32bit SP3 installed.
I have G11 L4, 1.05.
Trying 1.0.53 gemini.net driver

When I go to configure telepscope, it never saves my applied time offset of +8. Even if I set it, then Ok, and connect it still does not apply thiswhen it connects. Im dumbfounded why this is happening.
I've tried nearly everything. reset cmos. etc..
Everytime it connects it wont apply the correct timezone.

Now the kicker is.. I connected to my W7 64bit laptop that use to drive everything which has 1.0.53 gemini.net. It connects, prompts me to cold start and loads the correct timezone. And I can verify it by checking the Gemini status.

Now I disconnected; then plugged rs232 cable back to fitpc2. Opened Gemini.net and unticked 'Set Gemini Time on connect' and 'Set Gemini Site on connect.
It connects appears to send data to the mount, and when I check status the timezone is +0 and local time is -8 ?

see attached screenshots. Heeelp :help:

wasyoungonce
21-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Leinad

I just played with my Gemini ASCOM, ver 1.0.50, and found if I un-tick set site and set time and go to advanced settings and apply changes it overwrites time and location to the system/handset. However this data is not updated in the ASCOM settings page.

More likely I think you may have to make your changes then go to the Advanced settings and press the "save profile" and this will save tour time settings etc.

One thing, Gemini ASCOM cannot load custom locations to the handset, they have to be put in the handset manually as this is not an ASCOM call function or something like that.

Does this help?:shrug:

leinad
21-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Brendan,

I managed to get it working at 2.30am .. argh!

Not sure what it was.
I actually changed COM ports to a lower value (from 9 to 2).
Connected; and something magical happened... it worked! Although I have no idea what happened or why it worked. I think I may have got lost in enabling not enabling settings that I lost my way troublshooting. Though I'm sure I covered everything.. maybe it was a comm issue?? weird. :screwy:

I reverted back to my Keyspan and used COM 6; and it started working properly. I even changed timezones to -7 +6, etc to test, and it applied on connected just as it should.

I have nooo idea what on earth happened with the comms? Maybe some astro voodoo occuring. :confuse3:

I haven't had the equipment running for at least 8months. To add injury; the 13.8V power supply I used previously blew up when I turned it back on also.