PDA

View Full Version here: : In the absence of My G1 system I now have to set up my g2 system

h0ughy
19-11-2013, 12:04 PM
:help:

OK don’t mention the elephant in the room – here is a little story.:rolleyes:

A not so bright man of zero talent bought a g11 second hand and he loved and nurtured it and cared for it greatly giving it a GPS and copious power to live. But he hid a dark secret – he did covet a TITAN 50 so greatly that he waited and waited until they brought out the g2 system and then he did purchase the system and mount. On taking both for a little holiday he then transferred the g2 to the observatory, only ever using the bug ridden handset once. It was set aside to languish for several years, unloved and never ever upgraded. but now i think its name may be Lazarus?

Now that the G1 has gone to be fixed, I should really put the G2 back on to the Titan. But I have never upgraded it or hooked the controller up to a PC. I will be honest I have no idea on what to do and how to upgrade it? This is the original version as it was released? Yes I subscribed to the g2 yahoo bit – get the reminder emails and such but payed no attention as the G1 serviced the needs of the one……guilty.

Can some kind person guide me back onto the path…..

Poita
21-11-2013, 01:46 PM
I could sell you my g1 ;)

h0ughy
21-11-2013, 02:17 PM
ROFLOL yes you could ;)

Poita
21-11-2013, 03:05 PM
I've gone over to Scitech on mine, the G1 is sitting in the cupboard.

White Rabbit
26-11-2013, 05:23 PM
All things Gemini http://www.gemini-2.com/index.php#
Whilst the unit is still bug ridden with phantom anomalies that are hard to reproduce, it's fairly stable.

Cheers.