PDA

View Full Version here: : System Automation

Oscar in Bin
27-10-2013, 05:50 PM
I currently run a pile of different pieces of software. SkyX as planetarium and goto for my mount (a Tak EM200), Maxim DL for controlling cameras and guiding (STF8300 with OAG), Focus Max for focussing. I operate off a mobile system with tripod so different orientation of camera and slightly different polar alignment each set up.
My wish list looks like this
- be able to drop back perfectly on to the same image point after moving away to refocus during the same evening.
- image the same object over several nights with the same positioning although I accept without a rotator this may not be perfect.
- at some stage in the future more automation of imaging sessions.
I have not yet explored plate solving and I assume that has to appear in the equation somewhere. I have also seen references to software like CCD Autopilot.
Appreciate suggestions on the next steps.

Lee
28-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Have a look at Sequence Generator Pro - it will accomplish what you've said you need....

alistairsam
28-10-2013, 02:32 PM
CCD Commander as well
http://ccdcommander.com/CCDCommanderTour10.html

cfranks
28-10-2013, 05:18 PM
If you have TheSkyX Pro, it will do all of those things. You won't need Maxim nor FocusMax. CCDAutopilot will automate the session when you need to. CCDCommander doesn't work with TheSkyX.

Charles

Paul Haese
28-10-2013, 11:21 PM
To achieve automation you will need to find a mount with homing sensors.

However, generally, pinpoint is used for plate solving, MaximDL or any similar camera control for camera and guiding. The planetarium you are using is fine. Focusing through focusmax is good too. Rotator is really only needed for changing the angle of your images and for crossing the meridian (ie flipping the mount).

There are several command programs and I encourage you to try as many as you like to feel comfortable with each program. Feel free to contact me for advice. I am more than happy to help out where I can.