PDA

View Full Version here: : EQMod Settings for an EQ8 Mount

Grimmeister
23-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just made a EQ-Dir Cable for the EQ8 and tested and it works no problems, however I am wondering if there is any need to change the settings for the mount from the defaults to accommodate for the increased number of micro steps the motors make when tracking???

These settings are in the setup section of EQMod (The spanner next to the Mount Type drop down) and allow you to set custom values of micro steps per revolution, the default is 9024000 for the EQ6 mounts however the actual values for the EQ8 are 11136000 step per revolution.

Has anyone had a play with these settings? My gut tells me I should change this to ensure the mount is being driven at the correct rates but thought I would ask to be sure.:shrug:

Thanks for your help

Anthony

Maurice
24-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Anthony

No need to change anything to do with gear ratios or microsteps.
Just select the syntaEQ & all is good.
The driver just tells the mount to go to an RA & DEC. If you haven't changed the original OEM ratios, then there is no problem.

cheers
Maurice

Grimmeister
24-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks Maurice,

Appreciate the advice. I will leave as default :)

Cheers

Anthony

Grimmeister
26-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

I raised this question over at the EQMod Yahoo group as well and was informed by Chris that the defaults are definitely the way to go as EQMod will "communicate" with the mount automatically and determine the settings needed for correct operation.

I thought I would share these findings back here in IIS.

Cheers

Anthony