PDA

View Full Version here: : Roll off shed?

garymck
19-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi,

Some time ago I had asked here about dome building and giot some great suggestions. However circumstances have changed and afteer spending a couple of weeks at my new address in Geelong West I've decided that due to work commitments I won't have the time to build anything that complex.

I'm therefore thinking seriously about building a very simple roll off shed. It will house my CPC1100 (with ccd's etc attached). I already have a custom made 9.5" diameter steel pier to mount the scope/wedge to. The height of the scope on the pier is roughly 2.2m above ground level. This lets me clear the fence immediately next to the scopes proposed location.

I'm thinking about something big enough to securely house the scope with a shelf in one end big enough to sit a laptop on permanently. I want to keep the build as low cost as possible since that leaves me more money for other astro goodies. I'm mainly intending the setup to be used for imaging and most of the time I'll be inside controlling the scope over a network connection.

Has anyone done a roll off shed here? Anyone near enough to Geelong who wouldn't mind me having a look at their shed? I would love a bigger observatory, but time/health limitations and the fact that I'll have to do it all by myself limit me despite what I'd like to think about my capabilities!

Thanks in advance for your input.

cheers
Gary