PDA

View Full Version here: : Synscan Hand Controller screen

ZeroID
30-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Anyone know where these an be obtained ?
The top line on mine has dissapeared for some reason. Opened it up assuming it might just be a displaced plug connection but no improvement.
I can navigate if I am careful by 'interpreting' the message in the lower half and a menu sheet to give me a clue but it's a nuisance. :(

Mind you, the clouds aren't being very cooperatiove either. :shrug:

acropolite
30-09-2013, 12:07 PM
I believe Skwatcher stuff has a 5 year warranty, so if it's not too old you may be able to get a warranty replacement.

From the Myastroshop website I'd be contacting your local Skywatcher reseller, if you don't have one in NZ try Bintel.

If you're not within the warranty period, I suspect you'll find the price a bit unpalatable, might be a better option to go to EQmod and use a laptop (if you have one).

ZeroID
01-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi Phil, I'll check out Bintel or whatever first, it's just the lcd screen thats failed. I have plenty of laptops and PCs available but like the simplicity of the controller and PHD. Looks like I might have to investigate other options with EQMod. I keep meaning to but always a bit dubious about reliability of hardware out in the cold. Might run up a mini PC for the Ob.