PDA

View Full Version here: : Help: CGE-PRO Autoguiding + PHD..

nandopg
30-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Hello fellows,
I have bought an used Celestron CGE-Pro mounting. I think I already did everything in terms of assemble and initial setup, including a very precise polar alignment.

Yesterday I was good to try the first image using my Newt-12 f/4 and the CGE-Pro. But, not that simple, surprise, surprise... when the PHD (I am using it through the ASCOM driver and the laptot) started guiding, I had an awesome error curve for RA, however for DEC the error was like going into the opposite direction, increasing the more and more until the star leave the box and the DEC's error curve cut the graphic's limit. Even in this situation the RA error curve showed to be very good.

Then I transferred the camera and everything else to a NEQ-6 with a RC-8" on it and the autoguiding was as smooth as always. This test ruled out any problem with the guider.

Well, on this CGE-PRO issue, I am stopped here, without knowing what else to try crying for help. Does anyone have experience with this mounting to give me some directions ?

Thanks for any help.

Fernando