PDA

View Full Version here: : Motorised SCT focuser has arrived

matt
29-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Very .... very excited.

My new Moonlite motorised focuser has arrived from the U-S.

Can't wait to attach it to the 9.25

I ordered the customised gold one and it looks very nice. As usual, the build quality and overall appearance is superb.

I'm very hopeful this will deliver a noitceable improvement in the quality of my images.

I know. I know. Where are the pics?

Will post this arvo ... when I get home and find the digicam;)

alandee
29-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Excellent. Very keen to get your thoughts on it.
I'm contemplating either a Moonlight, ( although I've heard the hand control is a bit average ) a JMI or a manual WO 10:1 .. decisions, decisions ...

davidpretorius
29-06-2006, 10:16 AM
sounds great Matt, yup can't wait to see the photos, something i may have to do done the track!

matt
29-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah. Had a bit of a play last night before installation.

A little confusing with all the different knobs and buttons.

I'm sure it'll all become second nature once i get it on the scope and fumble around for a night or 2.

Will definitely report back:thumbsup:

Robert_T
01-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Hey Matt, I saw the pic in another post... I like! :thumbsup: Does this come with any form of readout or focus position memory or such. Dare I ask the big question, how much did it set you back roughly speaking of course?

gbeal
01-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Don't forget the FeatherTouch as well. Not motorized officially yet, but it is close.

matt
01-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Rob

No readout or focus position memory on my unit, but that's not to say there's not an optional upgrade?

I don't know if there is, from MoonLite? Could be an add-on from another company?

The good (and not so good) thing about the electic "nfocus" hand unit is it allows you total control over the focus tube movement through variable pulse width and interval.

So you can control the focus to a very precise degree. It's very fiddly though and takes a little getting used to.

I'm a bit like you I suspect Rob. Would have preferred less controls - up, down, and a simple single variable speed knob

matt
01-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Here's a pic of the unit.

Apologies.

Should have included much sooner

Ambermile
01-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Pretty aren't they? Just received mine, but a red one, for the Dob. Going to be August before I get to use it but I sit here... turning the knobs... I love this little thing already!

Arthur

matt
01-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Tube goes up .... tube goes down.... tube goes up .... tube goes down....:D

matt
04-07-2006, 04:46 PM
And finally .... they come together ... in a sweet.... motorised...optical embrace!!!!:lol:

I really must think about getting some early nights

davidpretorius
04-07-2006, 04:58 PM
that is sexy!!!

matt
04-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Yes Dave .....

Gazing out of the kitchen window and seeing that little rig in the backyard, who needs an ocean view:rofl:

Ambermile
05-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Ah no - I'm in the UK... Tube goes down ... tube goes up ... tube goes down... tube goes up ;)

Arthur