PDA

View Full Version here: : Good Bye Stock Dslr Astro-Imaging

astronobob
13-09-2013, 04:31 PM
1st'ly, I'd like to thank every IISpacer for making this Forum what it is.
Such a wealth of info on equipment, great images and access to knowledge & I for one would be lost otherwise.
Also, I realise that a 1st time CCD purchase is ancient history to many of you far more advance chaps :thumbsup:

Anywhich: After some months of deliberation between which CCD, on this note, I feel that my puuta skills, time etc can Not justify the purpose of a Mono Camera at this point in time, So today I succumbed to parting of hard earned savings which will be replaced with the QHY-10 OSC , , Thanx to Theo of Gamaelectronics for his help, in particular of where I'm at in astro-photog/ gear etc :thumbsup:

As most know, the 'cooled' QHY-10 is a competative performer, very well known and used by many.
So, bring on the Summer Targets as I will undoubtedly be spending most of Spring becoming familiar with the new Progs and practices !

Below is a mix of emotions, excitement through to confusion as its well known with this small step-up, I'm sure there will be some good results, but only after some herrendous failures
:P :rolleyes: :help: :screwy: :question: :shrug: ;) :thumbsup:

Bart
13-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Now comes the long road, processing. Good luck with it all. :hi:

Astroman
13-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Great work Bob, I'd like to go down this road also eventually. Looking forward to your images

White Rabbit
13-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Very cool.

Having come from a DSLR to ccd myself, I can tell you, you won't regret it.

Have fun.

strongmanmike
13-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Good on ya Bob, excitement awaits...

Mike

stevous67
14-09-2013, 07:30 AM
I remember Phil Hart years ago shaking his head, telling me the steeeep learning curve that he faced moving from DSLR to CCD, it nearly put me off. He was right, but he encourage people to do it; in the end,it was totally worth doing.

Just be patient, especially if something doesn't work straight away, there will be away to fix it. In the end you'll be solid at it.

Steve. ;)

astronobob
14-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Thanx Bart, looking forward to the proccessing (outside of PS) road, be it very interesting :thumbsup:

Cool Andrew, as you know from yrs back, Slrs were the thing (film then Digi ) but times have changed fast mate :thumbsup: just trying my best to keep up too ;)

Cheers WR, I've seen your work mate, very impressive and encouraging :thumbsup: If I can do half as good, itd be well the fun :thumbsup:

Thanx Mike & excitement, well, very true words I hear, looking forward to it, , cheers :thumbsup:

Sure thing Steve, , I remenber my 1st 400D and it sat in the box for week until I read all them destructions, finally plucked up the courage to pop the battery in it, switched to Auto and press, Nervous times :rofl: Yeah, so, no leaping in the deep end for starters with this duck also :thumbsup:

On another note: just like to personaly thank two Leyburn'ites RobF (Rob) & Naskies (Dave) for PMs recently, with input and quidance, Cheers fellas :thumbsup:

gregbradley
16-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Moving from DSLR to OSC is a nice jump. Its not that different to DSLR as basically you download a colour image just like your DSLR.

For colour image processing I think Images Plus is hard to beat for software. CCDStack is more oriented towards filtered mono imaging.
It works on colour but is slowish.

Greg.

astronobob
21-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Cheer for that Greg, I'm only fimiliar with Canon software and PS Proccessing, so looking forward to see what some dedicated astro-image editing/processing programes can do ? Will keep your reccommended Image Plus in-mind for sure, must learn the camera 1st, which Im expecting to be delivered early this coming week :thumbsup:

Merlin66
21-09-2013, 05:01 PM
You should also consider AstroArt V5.
It can control all your cameras and provide the usual astro-imaging pre and post processing.
Recommended.

E_ri_k
21-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Awesome Bob, It's a great camera. I bet you'll love it. Have fun :)

Erik

astronobob
21-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Cool Merlin, Ill start a folder for such Progs, Thanx also for the reccommendation :thumbsup:

Cheers Erick, Looking forward to it for-sure :cool2:

strongmanmike
21-09-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree with Ken, AA is excellent and is the only dedicated astro software I have ever used (for 10 years now)...I guess I could say it has served me very well :thumbsup:

Mike

astronobob
25-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Appreciate 2nd opinions Mike :thumbsup: Time to start a new Era, :atom: