PDA

View Full Version here: : Difference in clour from processing software to desktop

Bart
30-08-2013, 11:59 AM
When I process an image, either in PS or PI, I can get it to look how I want as far as colour etc. When I then put that image on my desk top as a back ground, the colours have now changed, are more washed out, even on one machine with two monitors and two video cards where it is different from one to the other.

My processing machine is calibrated with a Spyder 3 and I have tried other colour calibration routines etc as well.

Any thoughts on this? :question:

jjjnettie
30-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Until the day comes when every single monitor sold is calibrated in the exact same way, I say don't fret too much about it.
How I see your images will be different to how the next person sees it.
So process to suit yourself and try not to let it get to you too much. :)

RickS
30-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Do you convert your image files to sRGB colour space? If you're using a wider gamut colour space like AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB then applications which aren't colour managed (and there are lots of them) will do an especially poor job of rendering the images.

RB
30-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I assign an sRGB colour profile to the image before finally saving it for the web etc, because most browsers display images in sRGB profile.
This will get you closer to what the image looks like in PS when displaying it on the web or another image viewer.

RB
30-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Rick beat me to it.

:thumbsup:

Bart
31-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys. I recalibraed both monitors and had a fiddle with the setings in PS and PI so it automagically saves as an sRGB. I'll see how that goes as I haven't had too much time yet to test.

Cheers! :thanx:

Greg Bock
31-08-2013, 12:03 PM
jjj said it..dont worry too much, and also dont forget that each of us see things differently too, particularly if you have any form of colour blindness like me...a subtle form of red/green colour blindness.

Bart
01-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks Greg and to all who replied. I think I have it sorted now. All your feedback was most welcome.:thanx: