PDA

View Full Version here: : Ignore any PM's from 'reggie'

iceman
27-08-2013, 08:20 AM
A spammer signed up and started PM'ing people, offering to buy something, get in contact with them in Spain etc.

Please ignore and delete the PM.

The user has already been banned.

mental4astro
27-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I got a PM from him here, & on Cloudy Nights. Small world...

Astro_Bot
27-08-2013, 12:50 PM
I had one last year from a guy in Spain. It was fishy from the outset, but the guy was banned shortly after, IIRC.

bobbyf
27-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks Mike
Got one from him this morning.
Was just going to PM you about it, as it sounded dodgy, but i searched his name first and found this thread.
Cheers

Bob

JB80
27-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Just to note not all people in Spain are dodgy, it's a pain in the bum as all these con artists out of Spain have practically ruined the secondhand market for us honest folk.

Good to see it was quashed quickly, well done guys.

johnnyt123
30-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks Mike...

Glad you guys are here to looking out for us.....
When its too good to be true it usually is...
I wasnt looking forward to being scammed again...

Cheers

Nikolas
31-08-2013, 10:02 AM
He wouldn't even be from Spain, most of these scammers are based in Eastern Europe, Russia, China India and Nigeria.
The country they claim to be from is irrelevant. Mike can run an IP check on their registration and it will let him know where they are based.

Strawb
29-09-2013, 07:02 AM
I might be a bit to suspicious but it looks like " Reggie" may have changed to "Leo", a New poster from Sweden

GeoffW1
05-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Hi,

Reggie has become Pino from Spain, but a member search does not show him. No matter, we are alerted now....

"This is a message from skyfoto at IceInSpace ( http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/index.php ). The IceInSpace owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email skyfoto, you can use this online form:
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=16980

OR, by email:
mailto:pinomazzer782@gmail.com

This is the message:

Good day....still in interested in buying this items..and i have it
for sale contact me for pic and details.....Thanks

pino from Spain
WANTED] Starlight Feathertouch Microfocuser C8

iceman
05-11-2013, 07:37 PM
skyfoto has already been banned. They must've sent some PM's before being banned.