PDA

View Full Version here: : EQMOD and TheSkyX - Error 80070005 and Dispatch Pointer issue

rob288
24-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi there,

We have an EQ8 mount and an EQ6 mount. We are using EQMOD to successfully
control the EQ8 mount, and now wish to control the EQ6 mount with EQMOD as well on same computer.

We have installed the latest development version of EQMOD which apparently allows it to be done, and when trying to
use EQMOD with TheSkyX using the second EQASCOM driver, we encounter the
following error when trying to connect to the mount: Failed to remarshal
dispatch pointer.

This error is not encountered when connecting to the mount using the second
EQASCOM driver using ASCOM Diagnostics.

When trying to open the Settings dialog for the second EQASCOM driver, I
encountered .NET Framework errors and an Error 80070005.

Any ideas? This issue seems to be an incompatibility with TheSkyX, ASCOM, and
EQMOD when using multiple drivers.

User Account Control is disabled
If you have any questions regarding configuration or specs, feel free to ask.

Any help would be appreciated, have posted on EQmod Yahoo group with no luck.

Regards

Robert

frolinmod
25-07-2013, 03:22 AM
What version and build number of TheSkyX? I know people hate that question, but it's rather important and you didn't say. Please be sure you're running at least 10.2.0 build 7110. Please post your problem report on the Software Bisque support forum, if you haven't already.

Greg Bock
25-07-2013, 09:59 AM
FWIW, i experienced this error several times between 2011 and 2013 while running an EQ6 with EQMOD and SkyX. I was never able to track it down successfully, but it has been around for at least that long. I no longer have the EQ6.

The only work-around i developed was to disconnect SkyX from EQMOD (EQ5/6 setting) after the scope had slewed to the object of interest, and then commence imaging without SkyX in the loop. Once the imaging process was done, i had to conenct Skyx again to slew to the next target. Not the best, but it limited the opportunity for the bug to appear and cause more dramas!

rob288
25-07-2013, 11:38 AM
The Skyx pro is Version 10.2.0 build 6901 last update April 2013

rob288
25-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Greg, we have had no issues getting the mounts to talk to Skyx pro, its when we want to run both mounts on one laptop, the latest build of EQMOD is suppose to allow this, thats the issue we have.

Greg Bock
25-07-2013, 11:47 AM
As I said, FWIW, but i do wonder if the issue you have and the bug I experienced are related?