PDA

View Full Version here: : The Imaging Source DBK 21AU618.AS

redbeard
23-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi,

I have bought a "Imaging Source DBK 21AU618.AS" from Bintel and tried it out for the first time the other night at Saturn.

In the live screen image, I noticed there were 2 vertical lines slightly offset to the right that appeared in the AVI file and could be seen on screen whilst videoing. About 2 mm in size each with about 2mm gap in between them. It also looks like to the left of these vertical lines the shading is slightly lighter than to the right of the image. This only appears at 30fps in RGB mode.

I did another test using a different computer and a different USB cable simply taking footage of under my desk so it was a darker image and those vertical lines show up all the time.

I am about to send this back to Bintel with a couple of the AVI's burnt to disk and see what they say. Wanted to see what other may have to say before i send it back.

I have read on the internet that some of the Image Source cameras had an issue with firmware, 1 issue is at 30fps, the other issue with other firmware is something to do with a grid at 60fps.

Has anyone else seen this artifact or anything similar?

Many thanks,

Damien.

asimov
23-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I'd need an image before responding I think. A stacked image.

redbeard
24-07-2013, 03:21 AM
Cheers,

Here is a pic, very very quickly done with no technique whatever, but it shows the vertical lines to the right of Saturn. In the video Saturn drifts into the vertical lines and not good.

Many thanks,

Damien.

OICURMT
24-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Bucket filled to enhance the pic...

redbeard
24-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks OICURMT for the enhancement, What a crap pic I uploaded. It looked great on my PC screen...not sure why it looks so dark and crap, perhaps I uploaded the wrong pic. I will upload another pic tonight to show this better.

Cheers,

Damien.