PDA

View Full Version here: : Annoying Program

leon
20-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi Guys, maybe someone here could help with an annoying program that keeps appearing when Alice turns on her Lappy.

Not sure how it got there, however a program called PC Cleaner appears each start up, and we don't really know how to get rid of it.

Could some kind person please explain to me how this could be deleted.

Many thanks in advance.

Leon :thumbsup:

Starless
20-07-2013, 12:45 PM
You need to reboot in safe mode and uninstall it then restart in
normal mode.
If it tries to restart when you start in normal mode get hold of
a program called CCleaner and use that to finish cleaning up
the leftovers.

ZeroID
20-07-2013, 07:24 PM
And tell Alice to stop clicking on "Lets us check your computer for problems' links on websites.
That thing is another Trojan Hijacker, also commonly known as a BHO or Browser Helper Object. It will keep popping back to tell you to buy it's software to 'fix' your PC. Send money, still no fix. :mad2:
McAfee Stinger and Malware Bytes (MBAM) will get it normally. Both are free from McAfee and the MBAM site.

leon
21-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Thank you Brent I will tell her exactly what you said, LOL.

Leon

jjjnettie
21-07-2013, 02:27 PM
From the net.

"If you shut down your computer and then restart in safe mode you can then go to control panel and uninstall the program. On the bottom right of the PC Cleaner 2012 "call us" popup a covered up uninstall button will be revealed. Click on that button and it goes away after actually completing the uninstall process. Restart in normal mode and it should be gone from your computer. Pretty slick - hidden uninstall button - probably legal but I bet people do call them. Good Luck. "

ZeroID
22-07-2013, 06:59 PM
OOooo ! I didn't know that. Thanks :thumbsup:

Barrykgerdes
23-07-2013, 05:52 AM
When I first saw this "nasty" on a neighbour's computer I tried to restore to an earlier point that I knew I had set. No go!. The restore bank is erased by the program.

I googled the program and there were removal instructions which I followed successfully. I don't remember which method I used however.

Barry