PDA

View Full Version here: : Custom Aluminium plate?

el_draco
19-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Anyone know someone in Aus who could machine a plate 800mm X 200mm X 15mm with a couple of dozen holes in it?

Ta

Rom

Terry B
19-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Try Luke at
http://www.starstuff.com.au/

Tinderboxsky
19-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Rom,

Have you looked locally to save the costs of freighting the finished plate to Hobart from interstate? It will be a heavy beast.

I would of thought one of the local firms in the northern suburbs that are spin offs from Incat would be able to do the work. Also, what about Sabre Marine in Glenorchy, or Saunders and Ward in Huntingfield?

I have a milling machine of the right size that you would be welcome to use, but do not have a bench vice big enough to handle the size of the job.

Cheers

Steve.

Logieberra
20-07-2013, 09:01 AM
You could try Peter Tan, with his Chinese machining contacts etc. Sorry, not an Oz supplier as you requested. Local machining here in Cbr is a rip off!

el_draco
20-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Got a couple of local leads to follow up. Shipping is murderous on international stuff, as I am sure you all know, so I'm looking as close to Tassie as I can get.

Logieberra
20-07-2013, 09:23 AM
P.s. shipping from china to Oz is cheap. Food for thought...

graham.hobart
23-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Rom mate, Saunders and Ward have done a couple of jobs for me- strengthened my pier and also drilled some counter weights.
I spoke with Dale at Huntingfield but the work usually gets done by the North Hobart shop (Rodney)
I am speaking to them today so could ask about other jobs
Cheers
Graham.

OneCosmos
25-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Contact Sirius Optics and ask for Hugh. He has just made me an aluminium plate and absolutely sure he could do it. He lives down at Victoria Point but comes to the shop every Saturday.

Chris