PDA

View Full Version here: : Having trouble with Meade Envisage 7.09

BruceG
03-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi all,
Bought a 2nd hand Meade DSI 1 cam from these pages a few weeks ago and have spent the last 2 long nights trying to get a successful installation.
Loaded the CD that came with the camera and seemed to install OK. I know that the DSI range will not work on Win 7 without updating the envisage to version 7.09.
So before trying to connect the camera, I downloaded the envisage from the Meade site and alas, it doesn't work. throws up the error message below.
I have Win 7 home premium 64 bit OS. I have repeated the above several times now but always get the error. Any thoughts???

Barrykgerdes
03-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I have not got a DSI 1 anymore so I can't check. However I have installed 7.09 on Win 7 64bit home and I think it has new drivers for the DSI (none for the LPI that I wanted). These would need to be installed into the protected part of windows needing administrator privileges.

Barry

BruceG
03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the reply Barry. The Envisage 7.09 installation progressed each time with no apparent errors and it said it completed successfully. The error screen is thrown up immediately I try to start the application.

I have run the install of 7.09 by both uninstalling the previous Envisage software, and installing over the top of the previous software. Both ways gives me the same issue.

If anyone else has had to deal with this - please help!

The DSI is only to be used as a guide camera with PHD, but I assume without the relevant Windows 7 drivers, it aint going to work.
Cheers,
Bruce.

Barrykgerdes
03-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Have you got PHD
PHD has drivers for the DSI
See if it works here

Barry

alpharipper
03-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I would start with downloading and install the lastest .NET frame work, might even needt an older one, make sure java is up to date etc. Pm me if you have any queries, I can even do a remote session on the machine to help if required.

BruceG
03-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi Barry, I dont think the drivers live in PHD, they have to be installed via Envisage and then PHD can use them. Never the less - I will try it out tonight.

Andrew - Such a great offer to assist! I will PM you if I don't get any joy with the suggestions so far. Envisage installed the .NET Framework from the original CD. With the new install (V7.09) the .NET Framework was very rapid so my assumption is they have been left as original - just an assumption mind you. Thanks to both for your assistance.
Perserverence should prevail.

BruceG
03-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Well for the good news. I dug through the files and saw that the DSI drivers were there. So I connected the camera to the USB port and crossed my fingers. Took a couple of minutes, but Windows reported that the device was installed successfully. Yay!
So I then went to PHD and dialed up the DSI and low and behold we have light. So all is good for PHD guiding.
Bottom line is Envisage is corrupt and broken, not to worry - I plan to use Stellarium and PHD to dip my toe into astrophotography. Can't see a reason for using Envisage apart from the fact that I needed the camera drivers.
Once again, thank you all for your help and advice.
Bruce.

rodroger
12-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I had same problem with Envisage. You need to uninstall it. Search through you registry using Regedit for all mention of Meade And DSI and delete these entries. The registry will not allow you to delete the service entries but this does not matter. Restart PC and re install. making sure you use the correct software for 32bit or 64bit, both are quite different. I have also discovered Envisage can still play up with PHD running and I have resorted to running two separate Laptops, One with just the DSI and the other with PHD and other associated programs such as Astroplanner with mount cable attached to com port to shift scope to Targets position.