PDA

View Full Version here: : Italian Mount - Chinese Control System

Hans Tucker
22-06-2013, 09:58 AM
I was searching around for information about direct drive mounts and came across the M-Uno Fast Reverse Mount made in Italy.

http://www.avalon-instruments.com/en/prodotto/m-uno-fast-reverse-eng/

I note, of all things, that this mount uses the Skywatcher Synscan Goto system. Italian mount with a chinese control system...interesting combination. Question....How good is the Skywatcher Synscan Goto system. Is it accurate, stable and user friendly.

Elio
25-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Hello Hans
are a happy user of this particular frame, the Syscan was chosen for its simplicity and for the wide dissemination and familiarity of the Chinese system, in addition to its cheapness.
Avalon-Instruments is developing a goto owner, with many advanced features for use by remote, and you can adapt it in all equatorial mounts.
At star parties dell'Amiata have presented a first beta, the final model will be released soon.
If you have any questions or concerns, here I am, with my poor english but... :)

Here you can find comment about other happy users...
http://www.avalon-instruments.com/en/feedback-eng/

multiweb
25-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I find direct drive technology really interesting. So simple by design. I reckon it's the future of mounts. Can't wait for it to become mainstream and affordable. Maybe older mounts can be retrofitted with direct drive kits in the future. My understanding is that high-res encoders are still the hurdle to manufacture at low cost. Exciting times ahead.

Hans Tucker
25-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi Elio, Thankyou for responding to this thread. I have a keen interest in the concept of the direct drive mounts on offer by Avalon instruments and the feedback from users of the mounts is interesting. Also, thankyou for the heads-up on the new product (goto owner) on offer from Avalon Instruments. Please post updates on the progress.

Elio
25-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Sure, it's a pleasure :)

Edit: sorry I specify that the system is not DIRECT DRIVE (as I intend), but pulleys and toothed belts as you can see in the attached image.