PDA

View Full Version here: : IPad help question please

leon
21-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi Guys our Telstra 4G net work is working fine on all our computers, however Alice's IPad has decided not to connect.

Usually all is fine with her IPad but for some unknown reason it has decided to not play fair.

Could she have inadvertently pressed a wrong button or changed a setting.

I don't have an IPad so am not much help, but I am sure some of you good people might have a suggestion.

Many thanks in advance.

Leon :thumbsup:

Blair
21-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Check in settings:
Airplane mode is OFF
WIFI is ON

If nothing, try a simple reboot by holding on/off button down until you see "slide to power off" and do that. Then restart by holding down the on/off button until the apple logo appears.

Otherwise it's a matter of setting up the wifi on the ipad again or the router settings may be blocking it.

leon
21-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks for your suggestion Blair, all is well again as Alice had turned off a few buttons.

Leon

pluto
21-06-2013, 09:10 PM
There is an option somewhere in the network settings to reset the network settings, I did that when my girlfriends iPhone wouldn't connect to our wifi and it fixed it. Your issue is probably different but it might be worth a try.

Exfso
22-06-2013, 02:40 AM
I have the latest Ipad and am connected with Telstra, apparently at least in Adelaide 4G is not available on the Ipad, so I am stuck with 3G.:shrug:

Woffy
29-06-2013, 09:57 PM
iPads in Australia did not have the ability to connect to Australian 4G due to a frequency mismatch. It is a hardware problem with iPads and the ACCC took Apple to court successfully for false advertising. It was corrected in the 4th gen iPad recently released. If you were sold the iPad expecting to connect to 4g and it won't, you should have recourse.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ipad+4g+australia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari
John

Nikolas
29-06-2013, 10:48 PM
latest ipad (ipad4 ) does connect to 4G

Wavytone
29-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Don't fret about it too much. On Telstra's NextG my iPad 3 can achieve sustained speeds over 14Mbps in the right spot, faster than my home ADSL2 and not that far behind 4G. The bandwidth you get on wireless links is a really variable thing, move 20 metres and it can fall below 1Mbps.

4G is no different.

Exfso
29-06-2013, 11:32 PM
I have the latest Ipad (retina display) with the telstra pre paid for 12 months ($180) and apparently I cannot get 4G, at least that is what I have been told. I will be very miffed if I am eligible for 4G and have not had it connected:mad2:

Wavytone
29-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah im paying the same.

Telstra's "4G" uses a frequency not supported in iPads. One of the consequences of the lack of robust standards worldwide.

Vodafone are claiming their 4G implantation will offer 100Mbps, but I'd be pretty sceptical, considering how badly they dudded customers for years..

At least Telstras 3G works well, coverage is excellent, and the price IMHO is ok.

Steffen
30-06-2013, 12:04 AM
The retina (4th gen) iPad and the iPad mini definitely support Telstra 4G ("LTE"). It was the 3rd gen iPad (the first model branded "4G") that only supported 3G on Telstra's network.

Both current model iPads, like the iPhone 5, will show LTE next to the signal strength indicator if in reach of a Testra LTE network.

Cheers
Steffen.

Exfso
30-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Steffen, I have been in the Adelaide CBD and still don't get 4G, Telstra told me it was because of the pre paid 12 month plan I was on. Sound like they, as usual are telling "Porkys":shrug:

Steffen
30-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Yes, sounds like it. LTE isn't an add-on feature. My wife gets it on monthly pre-paid, there is no reason it should go away if you pay for a whole year.

Cheers
Steffen.

Exfso
03-07-2013, 01:01 AM
I rang telstra yesterday and yes I am supposed to get it, so I went into the city today, to check and yes I had LTE for a short while, obviously the coverage in Adelaide is pretty ordinary, but I did get it at least for a short time.