PDA

View Full Version here: : Help!! EQ6 Pro running slow in RA

BC
15-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi,

My EQ6 normally runs without a hitch. I can have a star sit inside the 12mm reticle crosshairs for about 8 minutes at least. Tonight it won't stay there for more than 2 seconds. It is drifting slow in RA at an alarming rate. I had it on the power pack initially tonight but have now moved over to mains power and the 12 V regulated power, with no change. It's cold but not substantially colder than recent times. I have checked the balance and it seems fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bruce

naskies
15-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Are you tracking at sidereal rate? What about polar alignment? Are the clutches done up?

BC
15-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Good points but yes, sidereal tracking and polar alignment would be close. My aim was to tweak it a bit; hence the 12mm reticle EP. Clutches nipped up just fine. I suppose it could be the bearings if it was just cold enough for things to contract a bit, but I've used this mount for about 5 years at all times of the year without issues.

Steffen
15-06-2013, 10:18 PM
I sometimes have my Synscan playing up like that after stopping a slew with ESC. It would stop tracking in RA (or track at a much too slow rate) and I have to go into settings, set the tracking rate to lunar (or something) and back to sidereal. I wouldn't think that this sort of bug would survive power cycling, so your issue may be different. But it's worth a try, I guess.

Cheers
Steffen.

BC
15-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks Steffen, happy to try a range of things

Bruce