PDA

View Full Version here: : Good source for adaptors etc

gbeal
15-06-2006, 06:35 AM
As a few of you may know I have a new firewire camera, and I wanted to point out to those that are (or soon will be) going through what I am now that there exists a good source of adaptors etc.
The camera is the same as Rumples Riot has, and what Mike is getting, the DMK21AF04. On the front it has a "C" mount thread. I also obtained a Homeyer MFW, a motorized filter wheel. This I expected to have a standard "T" thread on the front, but oh no, that would be too simple. It has what Andy Homeyer calls an "H" thread, about 35mm. Confused already? If it came with adaptors when I bought it I would not have had the problems I have, but it didn't.
Steven MOGG http://webcaddy.com.au/astro/adapter.htm was one of the many folk I contacted. In the end I got the most sense from him, and would wholely recommend him. He has the required C to T thread adaptors (not that I required them in the end), the C to EOS adaptors, which I will get one day, and the C to 1.25" adaptors which one would use to slip the camera directly into the barlow for monochrome imaging.
An all round nice guy, locally (for you guys anyway) grown, and very well priced. I might add I have no affiliation whatsoever with him, other than a return customer.

iceman
15-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Thanks Gary, good to know. My DMK will hopefully arrive by early next week. The Atik manual filter wheel will hopefully arrive next week too.

No colour filters yet, waiting on Matt Lovell to get me some options.

gbeal
15-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi Mike,
great.
I have had a few plan changes, so haven't used mine yet.
I was all geared up, with a PCMCIA firewire card etc, and then we sold the laptop, so I am now going to use it all with a desktop. All part of lifes rich tapestry.
Gary