PDA

View Full Version here: : Troubel with Maxim Pro 5.15 and Windows 8

p1taylor
01-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi All, I have run Maxim pro 5.15 for a good while with no trouble at all, in November 2012 hade to redo laptop so put windows 8 on, now colour is all wrong, hope some one can help, have enclosed 3 images to show what as happened, all are done as near the same way as I can using the same set of CCD images from 22/7/2010, numbers in Red indicate which is which, N1 was done with Windows Vista in 22/7/2010 it is OK, N2 was done with Windows 8, N3 to get anywhere near N1 I have to go in to Colour balance and set it different, never had to do that before and still not as good as before, can it be Maxim or Windows 8, all help really appreciated.

peter

dpastern
08-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I'd probably strongly recommend that you use some sort of colour calibration system - something like a pantone huey or preferably better like an eyeone. I suspect the different operating systems have set different black/white points and gamma points for the screen, hence differences in the way images look.

You can try and calibrate manually, but I do not recommend it as it's tedious and inaccurate imho. ymmv

Dave