PDA

View Full Version here: : Guiding problems with Titan

Jeffkop
21-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Hello

Seems its inevitable that once you think you are setup and on an even keel something always happens in this game. I have had reasonable success with my setup but the mount has started to display this strange habit. It became apperent one night during an image run .. guiding was going along smoothly (as it had been for about im guessing 50 hrs worth of data prior to this) when all of a sudden I got an image with very obvious guiding problems.

I use CCDSoft to guide with by the way. I can select a guide star and begin guiding .. the X axis will stay faithfully within +/- 1 pixel at its worst .. most of the time its actually within +/- .5 .. then after about oh 15 3 second samples it will gradually head in the +ve direction .. so say +2.0 - +2.5 pixels and then it will happily stay around that error +/- the usual .5 of a pixel. Almost all the time the Y channel is +/- .3 pixel in error.

BUT ... BUT .. I did manually move the scope to another position on the same side of the meridian and try it .. The results were reversed .. X axis was perfect .. Y axis exhibited the behavior Ive just spoken about.

I have checked my polar alignment .. its seems OK .. certainly it doesnt appear any different than prior to this problem .. I have rechecked any balance issues and they seem OK.

I did load the CCDSoft dithering module but couldnt get it to work .. So I am not using it .. I dont know if I should try reinstalling CCDSoft.

Anyway as usual Im not versed well enough to be able to better describe this problem or be able to clearly establish in my head what the enemy is here so I thought I would run it past the greater community of experts for consideration.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff