PDA

View Full Version here: : How stupid can some people be!!

tilbrook@rbe.ne
28-04-2013, 06:08 PM
How stupid can some people be!!
Well last night, a young couple camped illegally on a vacant block next door to us. They decided to light a camp fire, apart from the fact it was still a fire ban, above average temps and high winds. The place they set the camp fire was under an old stone pine with low hanging branches, dry pine needles are about 100mm deep on the ground.
My wife and I thought the smoke coming through the window was another burn off. But when we went outside we saw flames , we ran across the road to investigate only to see the young couple kicking back drinking some beers with flames licking the low branches on the pine.
I won’t say what I yelled at them but the fire was soon out and they took off.:mad2:
The CFS and the police came out later to check, just as well as there was still smoldering embers.
A big thanks to the CFS and police.:thumbsup:

Justin.

Astroman
28-04-2013, 07:32 PM
No clean words describe what I feel when I hear stories like this. I am glad the cfs and police investigated afterwards. You were probably luck you caught them. Well done.

leon
28-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes some people do some real dumb things, without thinking of any consequence, glad it turned out well.

Leon

Ric
28-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Glad you caught it in time Justin.

Scenarios like that can go pear shaped so very quickly.

tilbrook@rbe.ne
29-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Thanks guy's!

I'm glad we were home, it certainly would have got out of control.

Cheers,

Justin.

multiweb
29-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Good on you. Some people are unbelievably stupid or just plain careless.
I had a scare yesterday at the local servo. Some kid cut me in when I was exiting turning left into the traffic. There is a raised separation in the middle of the road to stop people turning right into the petrol station.

So to avoid this he basically drove down hill on the wrong side of the road then went through the exit at over 50kph!!!. As I was turning left I only checked right to see if the traffic was clear. Started moving and then saw this flash in front of me. Plonked the brakes. Didn't even swear or did anything else. Took me a couple of seconds to realise what just had happened and what the d||khead did. 2 days old car too mind you. Fresh off the dealer. If it was my older one that doesn't brake so good I would have totalled him.

tilbrook@rbe.ne
29-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi Matt,

Unbelievably stupid!
Especially with toddlers.

Hi Marc,

What a total plonker!
Something about a new car that attracts the idiots.

Cheers,

Justin.

Baddad
29-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Marc,:)

I hope he had "P" plates. Having P plates allows them to do that. LOL.
Seriously, with attitudes like that. Total disregard for laws and not obeying them is what causes many accidents. I have had similar happen to me.

Hi Justin,:)

It is fortunate indeed that the fire did not get away.

We live in a transitional urban-rural area. Some years ago, total fire ban, a person started a fire to burn off rubbish. Left it unattended. It quickly became a bushfire and threatened our rented property, caused several thousand dollars damage to others. Killed many koalas and other native wildlife. Two water bombing helicopters battled the blaze along with many hands on the ground.

The perpetrator was never charged. The locals wanted to hang him.

That may have been avoided in your case.

Cheers

tilbrook@rbe.ne
29-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi Marty,

I'm glad we didn't have your scenario!
Could have so easily been the same.

Cheers,

Justin.