PDA

View Full Version here: : Starshoot pro v2 colour camera or canon EOS 60Da?.

5ash
26-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Looking at upgrading to a colour camera with better red sensitivity, would either of these cameras fit the bill at about $1500?which would be better and are there any alternatives at this price?
Philip

2stroke
27-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Thats a bit of a nut cracker haha, i would go the 60da though the cooling of the star shot would be nice for long exposures and warmer nights. No doubt the star shoot has higher QE over the 60da cmos sensor though it does lack the mega pixles to work with. IF your happy with the res of the star shot get it over the 60da, though if you want to work with high res images the 60da would be best. Hmm its a tough one to answer i think i would be on the fence also, and now thinking about the better QE of the star shoot and cooling i think i might go it haha

Edit the more i think about it for web publishing of images the star shot looks like a real winner :) You also have to remember you can get a cds 1100d for another $100 or so http://www.centralds.net/cam/?product=cds-1100d-uvir and the images that people have got with them are mind blowing :)