PDA

View Full Version here: : Pier help

rthorntn
14-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Please help.

I picked up a used pier on the IIS classifieds, it originates from these guys http://www.telescopes-astronomy.com.au. I have recently reached out to the seller and the OEM for more info, and while I am waiting...

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=956735

So I can't figure out how the EQ6 actually attaches, the tripod has a bolt going up and in to the EQ6, I can't figure out how that would go with the pier?

Also I am struggling with where I put it, my garden has a lot of trees and is quite sloping, I need to figure out the best of the bad sky, tips?

Also how best to implement the concrete foundation, how deep, threaded rods embedded, how to hold them in position?

Thanks for looking.

Richard

I.C.D
15-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Richard,
Give me a ring on 0412998031 ( leave your number if I don't answer) I think I may have work out how it goes together.
I have EQ6 pro and I brought a adopter plate from England which joins the mount to the pier.
Ian C :thumbsup:

marki
15-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Not having the pier at hand to actually look at it appears from the picture of the top plate that the centre hole has been cut to fit your mounting lug on the bottom of the EQ6 and the threaded hole just in front is for the az post so you can polar align the scope. Take off the top plate and place it on the bottom of your mount, it will make more sense then. You will probably have to get a large washer and M12 bolt (I think, but you will need to verify that) to bolt the mount to the top plate. You will also need to make up a post for az adjustment. The easiest way to do this would be to measure the post on your tripod then buy a bolt that reached the same height when screwed in from the underside of the top plate. You could then grind/file flats into either side so you adjustment screws have a working face. Once done bolt the mount to the top plate then bolt the lot back on the pier and use the levelling nuts to get it all nice and flat.

Mark

rthorntn
17-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks to you both, makes perfect sense!