PDA

View Full Version here: : ISP issues

PCH
11-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Hey Guys,

just a thought. I have an assortment of domains registered and hosted at GoDaddy.

Quite frequently I can't access these sites, whilst still being able to access anything else I want at other sites - like this for example.

I contacted GD support and they asked me to do a 'tracert' when the problem was showing. Which I did.

With the information that the tracert showed, they explained ...

"Please note, the trace route you provided shows you gain latency before you reach our servers. We recommend reviewing this trace route with your internet service provider to resolve the issues you are experiencing."

What would be the chances do you think of getting this question across successfully to the support dudes in Manila or Calcutta or wherever they are. Typically, because English isn't their first language, it's been my experience that you have to dumb down any conversation. So I wouldn't even like to guess at how a technical issue like this would be handled.

I use Bigpond. I know - I only have myself to blame - lol. But does anyone know of a way around the usual unproductive path to frustration that the Manila hotline visits on people?

Cheers guys,

tlgerdes
11-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi Paul,

First, use our community to confirm the problem. While GD might say it is your ISP, if our community, who use a variety of different providers, experience the same symptoms, then it might not be at this end.

Latency, in general, shouldn't make a site unavailable, just slow.

PCH
11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Hi Trevor,

good thinking. In fact, to be fair, GD did suggest trying to access the sites via another ISP.

I will need to arrange something along the lines of what you suggest Trevor. Stand by to be called upon for a site visit favour when next it happens - :)

Thanks for your input Trevor.

All the best mate,