PDA

View Full Version here: : If anyone is into gaming...

04Stefan07
28-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Battlefield 4. I am blown away! Clearly the best graphics by far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U8HVQXkeU8U

Must be watched in 1080p!

AG Hybrid
28-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Excellent. More lens flare, more bloom, and more blue color hue overlay. I played BF3 on PC at ultra graphics settings and graphically, BF4 genuinely looks like BF3.
More like a DLC for BF3 or BF3.5. Also, the US vs Russia story line is getting old. Actually US vs everyone else is getting old too.

I stopped playing BF3 some months ago. I was psyched for that, preordering it and all. But, I won't be preordering BF4.

It will still look rather average on current gen consoles. Next gen consoles apparently due this year hold a lot more promise though. But, not that much. My current rig is already at least twice as powerful as the PS4.

On a side note regarding the video. I know it was meant to be a cinematic game play video. But, who stands up and takes a look around in the middle of a firefight and ignores the chest high walls around him and not take cover?

04Stefan07
28-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I got BF3 on PC and am able to max out all the graphics. There is another massive update I am downloading now (6.1GB).

Yeah you are better off getting these games on PC rather than the consoles. I played BF3 on Xbox 360 and the graphics weren't as good and it was slow at times.

kustard
28-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I played BF3 on the XBox, along with GoW1/2/3 and all the Halo games. I've never really had any issues with lagging. That being said, when I play a "Windows" game it's though my bootcamp partition on my iMac so we're not talking the fastest video hardware here :)

asimov
28-03-2013, 06:20 PM
It used to be all about the graphics for me but these days it's about the game content. If it's DAMNED hard, then I'm up for it as I'm sick of games that can be clocked in 4-8 hours.

multiweb
28-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Awesome graphics. The skin textures and lighting are getting better and better with hardware rendering these days. I can't wait to see what's around the corner with the PS4.

jjjnettie
28-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Metal Gear Solid 5 is going to be better.

elfinke
28-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Kojima et al certainly delivered an impressive trailer this morning, that's for sure.

AG Hybrid
28-03-2013, 08:51 PM
So is there going to be actual game time in Metal Gear Solid 5 or will it be mostly cut scenes like the last games?

kustard
29-03-2013, 03:29 PM
I haven't been impressed by the MGS series of games...

Currently having a go at "The Secret World", I'm a big MMO player.

Chif
29-03-2013, 04:05 PM
It's a joke they've just announced this. They've just gone down the path of COD. Releasing awful DLC for BF3 and now churning this rubbish out. I saw on their facebook page that one of the main focal points of their new engine is realism. They talked about that non-stop when mentioning BF3's "destructible" terrain, which turned out to be a few buildings get the exact same holes in it whenever you shoot.

BF1942 and Vietnam were both so much better. They need to go back to their roots instead of trying to attract all the 12 and 13 year old kids out there.

Octane
29-03-2013, 04:11 PM
What's DLC?

H

AG Hybrid
29-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Downloadable content. Like an expansion of the game, but you pay for it and download it rather then buy another box.

LewisM
30-03-2013, 12:38 PM
War Thunder. IT ROCKS, BIG time! Superb graphics (amazingly exact and detailed aircraft, INCLUDING a Wirraway and Boomerang!)

Online is incredible. But, I can spend HOURS in "Trial flight" mode trying everything.

I have Battlefield 3 and LOVE it, though the FPS's don't really rock my boat that much any more. I had the new Aliens - Colonial Marines, managed to finish the entire thing in 2 days of off and on playing, got bored with it, FAST. BIGGEST disappointment in a LONG time - just pathetic AI and no suspense or thrill at all. You can outrun the xenomorphs easily. Graphics are 1990's style almost. Sega needs their butts kicking - such an anticipated game too.

kustard
30-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I grabbed this on the XBox, what a POS! Combat was poor and like you said, graphics are pretty bad. The AI were idiotic.

FlashDrive
30-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm a big fan of FPS ( First Person Shooters ) ...love em ...especially being a Sniper. :D

Played BF3 ...Black OPS II ...Crysis / Crysis Warhead / Crysis 2 / MOH 2010 / FarCry / Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 / and others....

Currently playing ... Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 ... and Crysis 3.
Love the graphics .... running Win7 64Bit.... an i7 @ 3.8GHz and Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1GB GDDR5 Ram. ....games installed on an SSD Drive.

BTW ...I have a PS3 that hardly gets used at all....hasn't been used for months and months.

Flash ...!!!

WingnutR32
30-03-2013, 09:48 PM
WarThunder is awesome! Playing it at the moment as well as MechWarrior: Online