PDA

View Full Version here: : Canberra members - Request for assistance

WingnutR32
25-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi Canberra folk,

I have organised to have a few friends and family around this Friday night (29th March) from 7:45 - late.

I am wondering if any local member would be happy to attend this with their own mount/scope as well to assist?

I have my imaging setup in my observatory that I am planning to run in tandem with another visual setup, but I do not have a mount for my C8.

Even if someone could lend me a mount with a vixen dovetail head (like the one that came with the NexStar), would be more than adequate if they are physically unable to attend.

If you are available or able to offer a mount for the night, please send me a PM.

Cheers
Sam

WingnutR32
25-03-2013, 04:09 PM
I know this is a big ask from people, but it would be greatly appreciated if anyone is able to assist.

I basically want to borrow a mount that I could put my Celestron NexStar 8SE on so that people can view things visually, whilst I use my imaging rig to show them more detail on what they were looking at.

OR

Have someone actually attend with their own equipment and enjoy the stars with all of us.

Cheers
Sam

WingnutR32
26-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Anyone available? Or a simple alt az mount with a vixen plate?

LewisM
27-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I rewrote your original request in the hope that it would appeal to the masses more:

Hi Canberra mates,

I have organised to have a few friends and family around this Friday night (29th March)for a booze-up from 7:45 - late.

I am wondering if any local member would be happy to attend this with their own mount/scope as well to assist? Bring your own lawn chair, I'll supply the snags and booze. There will be a few unattached sheilas here too ;)

I have my imaging setup in my observatory that I am planning to run in tandem with another visual setup, but I do not have a mount for my C8.

Even if someone could lend me a mount with a vixen dovetail head (like the one that came with the NexStar), would be more than adequate if they are physically unable to attend. I promise to look after your mount - I will forbid beer and food anywhere near it.

If you are available or able to offer a mount for the night, please send me a PM. The beer will start flowing from 7:45

Cheers
Sam

:welcome:

WingnutR32
27-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Haha nice Lewis. Food wasn't exactly planned nor beer... It may help someone though I suppose :P

LewisM
27-03-2013, 04:07 PM
:D

I'd help gladly, but am a wee bit far away, I am.

Honestly, I swore H said he would help out if you paid him to photograph the event :) :D

WingnutR32
30-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Big thanks to bindibagdi for lending me his 10" dobsonian!

The night was a huge success :)

LewisM
31-03-2013, 08:51 AM
FANTASTIC! Glad it worked out so well!!!

bindibadgi
31-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm glad to hear it was a success. I'm also sorry that I missed it, but I hope the 10" made things easy for you.

We'll have to organise another one which I can come to.

Oh, and some beer! :D