PDA

View Full Version here: : Baby Eq

Peter Ward
18-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Still in search of the "prefect" compact Eclipse/travel system....and seem to be converging on a solution.

A new Baby FSQ arrived this morning (thanks to AEC in South Oz...Claude's prices and delivery times were very competitive...in fact, better than picking one up directly at OPT) , hence I was keen to see how would go on my Starlapse rig. (pic attached).

It balanced out perfectly :) Just hope I can get the time off work to use it at this year's Annular Eclipse !

Kunama
18-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Very nice looking outfit Peter. Looking forward to results already. I found it hard to get time off last year so I took early retirement.

LewisM
18-03-2013, 04:09 PM
I concur re Claudes prices - just as competitive as any overseas seller. Only big difference I found was with Tak accessories, which didn't affect me very long anyway :)

His Vixen clearout has been a MAJOR boon for me finding obsolete and old-stock items!!! I love this sort of retailer who keeps the old stuff indefinitely. Managed to score a VERY scarce Vixen FL102S focal reducer out of him (CHEAPLY - $250) and 2 obsolete Vixen green finder brackets.

Peter Ward
18-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Indeed, a recurring theme on IIS seems to be Oz rip-off pricing.

Looking at OPT's price (which you have to add Californian sales tax to) or them shipping to Oz (plus GST on both shipping and the 'scope), the grass 'aint always greener :thumbsup:

BTW was very impressed by the measures taken by Takahashi with their shipping containers... triple boxed with lots of styrofoam. Very impressive.

marc4darkskies
19-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Congrats Peter - Nice camera lens!! :thumbsup: Good to see you finally bought a decent brand scope too! ;)

I concur. I've now bought high end gear from 3 Aussie dealers (including Claude and your good self) and never felt even remotely "ripped off" ! The deals have always been competetive with OS prices.

Cheers, Marcus