PDA

View Full Version here: : Windows 8 on new Laptop

roughy
17-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi all

Have purchased a new laptop before my eight year old one turns upside down, looks at itself and dies. New one runs Windows 8.

Having a couple of driver issues and get this message - "third party *.inf does not contain digital signature information" when trying to install the drivers for my PMX and Lodestar. Will also be contacting the manufacturers re this issue.

Also, in the autosave dialogue box for my camera in maxmdl, I can only have light frames. The option to choose flat, dark and bias remains greyed out. The QSI camera and wheel connect just fine otherwise.

Any advice would be appreciate.

Cheers

Mark

rogerco
17-03-2013, 03:42 PM
The message about digital signature is fairly common and can generally be ignored. As I understand it it just means the software developers haven't sent their product in to Microsoft to have it registered.

The other problems you are having sound like driver issues, you probably need to update them from the software vendors website.

I've recently gone through the same exercise myself, annoying how some software works without a hitch but other stuff you have to go searching all over. Couldn't get sound to work on mine, two days and a few one hour phone calls before I found it had been turned off deep in the bios.:thanx::thanx:

roughy
17-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks Roger. Problems solved by starting Windows in advanced mode and turning off enforcement of signed drivers. The Maxim issue was simply to select no calibration as an option.