PDA

View Full Version here: : Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

scopemankit
13-03-2013, 10:06 PM
I wish to install .net framework3.5 on a computer not linked to the internet. When I go for a download, on my main computer I get an exe file which, when activated, reconnects to the internet to download. How do I get a transportable version of this software which I can install on my remote computer?

Thanks

cfranks
13-03-2013, 11:10 PM
How big is your .exe file? I've got one (dotNetfx35.exe) that is ~ 235MB so I'm thinking it may be the full version?

Charles

mithrandir
13-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Chris, the full download links are on the M$ page. Look for "Full Redistributable Package" about 2/3 of the way down.

You also need to have "Windows Installer 3.1" for which there is another link on the page

scopemankit
23-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys - Your input is better than our local shops here. With your help the problem is sorted out.

Barrykgerdes
23-03-2013, 11:45 AM
There are quite a few programs that only give a link to the download/install program.

These programs will generally download the full installation program to your user area. Then run the program from there and delete the installation program after completion. The trick is to locate the download on your computer before you actually initiate the install and copy it to another location so that when the original is erased you still have a copy. However many of these downloads are also programed to erase the install when done so if you have got the program this way always install from a copy.

Barry