PDA

View Full Version here: : SX Wheel Issues

Tandum
04-03-2013, 12:36 AM
I am having issues with a new SX wheel and thought I'd throw it out there as I am out of ideas.

These problems only appear on new Intel machines, it works fine on AMD and older Intel machines. I have also borrowed another SX wheel off RickS and his shows the exact same behavior. These issues are evident even with a half meter USB cable so it's not the old low usb volts on the sx wheel issue.

1. Wheel is not detected at boot. It appears as Code 10 can not start in device manager. The wheel must be plugged in after boot for it to show as working in the device manager.

2. A maxim sequence freezes after one or two filter changes with 'waiting for filter' when the wheel is set as an ascom wheel. The wheel actually moves but it freezes maxim waiting for the filter moved message. Setting the wheel as an SX wheel gets around the issue but you have to add a delay between exposures so the filters have time to move. Running a USB sniffer shows that all comms with the wheel just stops when the problem happens.

I have this issue on 3 different S1155 socket motherboards and these all have a version of the C200 chipset and I get it on 2 different S2011 socket boards with C600 chipsets. The only thing that's really common is all of them have an EFI bios on board but I've tried switching to legacy bios which should turn that off.

I'm now lost and open to suggestions on where to go next. Terry Platt has passed this onto the firmware writer but I'd like to know why.