PDA

View Full Version here: : Thread adapters for Vixens

LewisM
01-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Anyone know where to get a male T2 to male T2 adapter - preferrably a rotatable one?

I got in an ORIGINAL Vixen FL102S focal reducer (thanks Claude at AEC) - a NOT common item! It has a detachable step down to 1.25" adapter (since this FR is meant for visual AND photographic), and removing this reveals a standard 42mm T2 internal thread. So, to connect to my SXVR-M25c CCD, I need a T2 to T2 adapter - as I said, preferrably a rotatable one so I can rotate the camera.

I have been informed that Starlight's case T2 thread has a different pitch to standard T2 threads, which complicates the issue, so IF a T2 WON'T screw in the front fully (I know it will engage a few threads, but that is not good enough!!!), I will have to use Starlights supplied 2" nosepiece, fitting into a 2 inch female to 42mm male adapter (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Does ANYONE locally stock anything like this, or am I going to have to pull my hair out on Teleskop-Express?

Failing that, paging Mr Esmond.... you reading Hugh? :)

LewisM
01-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Is this what I need - http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p554_Baader--22-M43-auf-T2---T2-Adapter-fuer-Vixen-und-Takahashi.html

LewisM
01-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Found one with Steve Massey - all good :)

DavidTrap
01-03-2013, 11:19 PM
www.preciseparts.com

DT

LewisM
02-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks Dave, but run into a snag.

The reducer output thread is 43mm. Even stepping down to a 42mm T thread, to retain strength, the ring would essentially need to have an inside diameter not much larger than 1.25"... which is what I already have!

Ordered the Baader M43 to T2 adapter from Steve anyway - should be SOME increase in diameter over 1.25" :)

Seems like I will lose too much light spread for my liking, but we shall see.