PDA

View Full Version here: : HTC Hot Spot

brian nordstrom
07-02-2013, 07:40 PM
:) Well aint technology great , I accedently snapped my Telstra pre-payed 4G modum off with the vacume cleaner head on sunday , Dammm :sadeyes:.
Tuesday after work I am in the local Telstra shop here at Palmerston to change my Pre-Pay to a billing set up like my phone , and Telstra's system was playing up and I could not sign up , all my perticulars were cool but the serial #'s on 3 of Telstra's 4G thingies would not take ?? :question:.
Anyway to cut a long story short , 1 hour trying the young sales man offered me this .....
I am useing it now on my laptop via 'WiFi' from my HTC phone , 2.5 Gig a month for free ,, Awsome service and its almost as fast as the internet service telstra sells us , but!!!
I did not even know this service existed :shrug: and it comes as I said free with my phones $49 a month charge ,, great :thumbsup:.
Any one else using this FREE service ??
Brian.

brian nordstrom
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
:help:OOPs Mods , please put this thread into the right place ,, sorry I dont use my laptop for this sort of thing much .
Brian.

brian nordstrom
09-02-2013, 01:38 AM
:question:24 hours brothers ? and better than 4G ? fast ..er
Brian.

brian nordstrom
09-02-2013, 01:39 AM
:rofl:yes , faster.
Brian.

brian nordstrom
09-02-2013, 01:58 AM
:lol:Brothers and sisters ...

Brian

Kunama
09-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Nothing free around here, I used to have wireless home phone and internet but due to continual dropouts here in the sticks, I had to get a hardwired Telstra bundle.

tlgerdes
09-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi Brian,

I use this feature regularly when travelling with the family. It was also one of the reasons I chose a Nexus 7 as my tablet, as why would I want yet another 3G connection with another bill.

RobF
09-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Saves carrying another device and paying more money, so definitely worth using if you can Brian. I've only recently had the capability (phone) to handle this, but looking forward to never having to put money on my 3G Telstra dongle when travelling any more. You have to put at least $30 on it to get any decent bandwidth and it only last a month. Then they kindly disconnect it after 6 months unless you pay a service fee if I recall correctly. :rolleyes:

Are you using the phone totally wirelessly or as a "usb modem"? Believe you'll burn the battery pretty quick in first mode.

brian nordstrom
09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
:) Trev , this costs nothing , its in a bundle with my $49 a month phone bill , 2.5gb of internet data free p/month .
I am using it now to send this .:thumbsup: .
Brian.

brian nordstrom
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM
:) Bang on , on the pre/pay rip off , I also seen that the battery go flat fairly fast but at home I just keep in plugged into its charger all the time .
What gets me is that I have been with Telstra for years now and my last 3 phones have had this capability and they did not tell me this service even existed ??? the happily let me waste $100's on pre/pay instead ??
Gotta love em ? :sadeyes: .
Brian.