PDA

View Full Version here: : Any good cabin's in the Blue Mountains?

bunnanaa
31-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey so my friends and I were planning on hiring a cabin in the Blue Mountains for a weekend. This particular cabin has caught our eye: http://www.woolshedcabins.com.au/index.htm. I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations?

bunnanaa
31-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I should mention that there will around 10-11 people going. Woolshed Cabins seem like the cabin of choice.

Wavytone
31-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes I've stayed there, it is very nice, it is in Centennial Glen below Mt Blackheath. You can observe right outside as its quite dark there - however there may be a lot of tiny bugs attracted by any lights at night - they will crawl in the slightest crack. Assuming you arrive in daylight, be careful to make sure all the fly screens are ok and keep doors shut or you'll have a problem inside - and take flyspray.

If that bothers you go up the top to Mt Blackheath, you can set up at the end of the road, or on the paraglider launch (AstroTurf).

A cheaper alternative nearby is The Potters Cottage, this is quite rustic but sweet, with 2 bedrooms (if you have kids).

For such a large group you can try Kanimbla View Clifftop Retreat, they have a series of cabins located in a bush block on the top of the cliffs, quite nice.

Lots of things to do around Blackheath, have fun !