PDA

View Full Version here: : I love the parcel lady :)

LewisM
30-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Well, not in a biological sense, just the goodies she brings.

My Vixen LV Zoom 8-24 EP arrived from Col (Flash Drive). What a beautiful piece of optical engineering. Should be a perfect match for the Takahashi.

My Shoestring cable also arrived from Bintel. This one had gone awry, due to a clerical error at Bintel, but that was resolved yesterday and it arrived this morning. Thanks to Mick at Bintel for sorting that one out.

Now I can run the NEQ6 through EQMod at last!

Now just to wait for the Oasis bits for the Tak FS60C...

Baddad
30-01-2013, 10:14 AM
That means more rain and cloud to come.
Haven't you had enough yet? Oh! No! Forecast is storms.^%^%&^:sadeyes::mad2:

LOL:lol:
Cheers and enjoy your toys.:)

FlashDrive
30-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes Lewis ...behave yourself :lol: ....hate to see what would happen if you bought a TEC130 .....I'd be in my back yard building an ARK :rofl:

Flash ..!! :D

LewisM
30-01-2013, 10:35 AM
I am now financially destitute in the Toy Account, and the wife will surely castrate me should I use even a cent of our money on toys (well, most toys :thumbsup::question:;) TMI...

Anyway, nah, such minor purchases, I think we'll just have a little cloud. Until I get a good work-around for the Tak at infiniti focus, not much will happen, so rest easy :welcome:

TEC130.... nope... though those TEC's are nice (but truly in the eunuch-then-divorce-if-I-buy arena). I am thoroughly content with the Vixen and Tak. Not sure I will succumb to aperture fever just yet.

Matt Wastell
30-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Does she have a uniform too?

Astro_Bot
30-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Well she is Russian - they don't mess about, or so I've heard.

When out gardening not so long ago, the mail "man" on the motorbike stopped for a chat and turned out to be a young woman. I remarked something like, "You don't often see a woman doing this job. Do you like it?" She replied (and I remember it with crystal clarity), "I just like riding the bike - makes me feel all tingly inside". :eyepop:

Varangian
30-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Did you ask her in for coffee then?

LewisM
30-01-2013, 08:57 PM
There was an opening (Oh god, pun not intended... maybe :) ) and he failed to take it. Tsk Tsk.

Remember that German movie with the girl and the bike... :)

Astro_Bot
30-01-2013, 09:01 PM
She was a young woman, but not necessarily a young attractive woman ...

Besides, at my age, the mind doesn't immediately go there. :(

Stardrifter_WA
30-01-2013, 09:48 PM
That's nothin' to worry about Lewis. I had to get a divorce in order to be able to buy a telescope; it certainly wouldn't have happened whilst I was married! :lol:

Besides, I have much more money now, for some reason:question:

Although my mate took her off my hands, I am not bitter. My mate married her, so I had the last laugh :rofl: Poor bugger! :D

Varangian
30-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Ye gods guys all I said was coffee!

Some minds go wandering...

Astro_Bot
31-01-2013, 12:15 AM
I wasn't replying to you.

ZeroID
31-01-2013, 09:16 AM
It's something about the uniform isn't it .. ?

;)

Varangian
31-01-2013, 02:13 PM
And I wasn't necessarily replying to you, your post was the last in a string of posts leading the thread in a particular direction.

And just because you weren't replying to me doesn't mean that I can't respond to the general discussion on the thread.

And I was joking, which went straight through to the keeper with you.

I apologise in advance for using your post as a medium to entertain myself.

But thanks for clarifying.

Astro_Bot
31-01-2013, 04:22 PM
G'day John. Just to tidy up loose ends ...

You quoted me (and only me) with your reply text immediately after. I don't know anyone who would interpret that differently.

Never said you couldn't. But you shouldn't quote a person if you're not replying to them.

Our respective senses of humour seem to be poles apart. Que sera sera.

So you're planning on doing that again? Please don't.

Perhaps I should have quoted Lewis to make it clear I was replying to him, whereas I had thought context was sufficient. Still, it's just a forum thread - wait a day or two and nobody will care.

LewisM
31-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Insert face palm here...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_sta tue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_sta tue.jpg

OK, hotlinking no worky still on IIS :)

Anyway, much ado about nothing. All harmless fun. Let's not blow it out of all sensible proportion.

Varangian
31-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for taking the time to tidy all that up for me. The two instances where this went awry was that I quoted you direct, even though I could have selected three responses and secondly I misunderstood that yourself and Lewis were have a separate discussion. It seems our idea of context is poles apart. Anyway good day to you sir and I have already forgotten about this unfortunate meeting.

taminga16
31-01-2013, 10:48 PM
I love the parcel lady :)

I tried to but it upset both my wife and the Parcel ladies husband.

Greg.:)