PDA

View Full Version here: : Storm Damage near our Place

FlashDrive
28-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Storm Damage just up the road from my place :(.......was expecting to see our Solar Panels out on the road.... but still on the Roof.:thumbsup:

Flash ..!!

Larryp
28-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Just as well that big tree didn't fall on anyone's property, Col. Would have been disasterous! Looks like the homes survived relatively unscathed. Did you get any damage?

Saturn%5
28-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi Flash
looks like its not wet at your place, so might be one of the lucky ones, so much damage has been caused in queensland again and i sit at my desk thinking how lucky we are here after moving from laidley in late 2009, i don't think i could have gone through that for a second time like some of our friends are.

I hope all up that way are safe.

cheers

Graeme

mozzie
28-01-2013, 03:50 PM
the rain has hit us at moonee beach,we've had 453mm in the last 48 hours nothing to serious just rain rain rain..oh well on the good side i can put the firefirghting gear away..
she's a big country floods top end- fires down the bottom

FlashDrive
28-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Larry .... just yard damage ...trees ...shrubs ...fences .... no damage to house ... very fortunate ... counting our blessings we are .... we got off lightly ..!!

Flash ..!!

LewisM
28-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Ot a single bit of damage here, but there are HUNDREDS of trees down around us, from BIG ones, to small. The University is a MESS - louvres bent, twisted or gone, trees...

About 30 mins work here with a rake will set things right around the house.

Still foam blowing across the road at Mooloolaba and Alexandra Headland - Most of Alex is closed to traffic while they clean up. Looks like a tsunami swept through the place.

multiweb
28-01-2013, 04:18 PM
How does it work with the insurances if a tree falls on your house or if one of your trees levels the neighbourgh cars or damages his house etc..?
Is it all covered under the storm clauses or are you out of pocket?

FlashDrive
28-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Graeme ....thanks for your kind words Mate ...we were very lucky .... very strong winds and sheets of fast flying rain ( anyone seen rain going ' sideways ) ....trees were swaying and bending .... quite a ride it was ..!!

Never been thru' this sort of thing ....was waiting to hear the sound of the Solar Panels being ' ripped ' from the roof ...but it never happened....bet it was ' flexing ' thou'.

Neighbor's tree across the road ...broke in half on his footpath ..!!

All good on my side of the street ..........just a ' big ' mess in the yard to clean up ..!!

Some of these other pic's are foam ' whipped ' up by high winds on the coast ..!!

BTW ....Your old home town ... the folks have to leave ....see pic ..!!

Flash ..!!

GrahamL
28-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Hope the wind misses you Mozzie, cape Byron nudged on 70 knots an hour back, coffs weather station isn't showing the big gusts yet.

The domes tied down ? take care mate .

mozzie
28-01-2013, 05:18 PM
yer graham wind up know but were surrounded with bush and are protected..dome is bolted down and dry..