PDA

View Full Version here: : Astro-tech AT65EDQ - any good?

rcheshire
27-01-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm still looking for a wide-field astrograph, to replace my 200mm Canon prime, which has served quite well these last few years.

Given the almost perpetual cloud cover around Geelong and limited opportunities otherwise, I have decided that I don't want an expensive bit of gear sitting around getting very little use.

I have looked at everything from Astrotech to Takahashi. And naturally, you get what you pay for, in many cases.

This (http://www.astronomics.com/astro-tech-at65edq-65mm-astrograph-telescope_p18437.aspx) little offering from Astro-tech, their AT65EDQ, sparked my curiosity.

I notice one or two previously for sale in classifieds and read atalas's review, among others. It seems to be a beginners scope, competing in the low end ED triplet market, with the added benefit of a built in field flattener.

The resolution of the images on the net is not that good. So, difficult to tell. I'll see if there is a user group - but they all love their gear anyway. Objective feedback gratefully received.

Regards,

Rowland.