PDA

View Full Version here: : Posted animation links not working on my PC

astronobob
26-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Hi helpful warrior's : )
Ive been opening up a few recent Animation links on here, but they are not running on my PC, I get the 'still frame' but no movement ?
One example is here, from Chris, Screwdriverone !

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=102415

I added the above link as I wouldnt have a clue on what type of file it is and hope it will help any here work out or know what the problem may be ?

Thanx !

Screwdriverone
26-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Hey Bob,

Are you clicking on the animation link, here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwzSlVJBCZUHU2Zjcmg5ajJJUW8/edit)

I posted the still image in the thread, and provided the link in the word "here".

It is an animated gif that should work in Google Chrome and IE, not sure, but it should also work on other browsers. Otherwise, try downloading it off my google site when the page opens and then open it locally to see if it works.

.GIF files should play all the animated pics and then repeat (how I set it up), but its a 6 MB file, so it takes a while to download all the frames, which play as they are downloaded.

Hope this helps

Chris

astronobob
26-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Cheers Chris, yes I do click on the 'here' then a google page opens with the 'still ' image, I wait, and after approx 5-10secs, i get this page, attached ? what I don't understand about this page is ; Where on earth do I find the main document list, so I can export it, Lol, ? ?
Thanx !

Or, do I need to have a Google account, if so, I prob wont start one, because then I reackon things will start conflicting on my PC ? ?
Its Obvious Im hopless with this side of Poootas,
Any which way, i will just play things safe and miss out : (

Screwdriverone
27-01-2013, 12:11 AM
No, you shouldnt need an account, I am not logged in at the moment and its working for me.....

What browser are you using? Also, is it on a PC or Mac?

Chris

astronobob
27-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Just IE on a desktop PC Chris , Might need to update Vister, I only update every 12 months or so, Like I say, I dont trust these poootas much,

Edit: some people addapt to them like bees to a honeypot ! Like, I can use tools in PS a bit & simple stuff, But understanding, embedding, BBC codes or what ever they are, and all that sought of thing, well, 'bout as usefull as an ashtray on a motorbike, ! I know this is not about embedding & code ect, but is all the same sought of stuff, in a sence; I dont know, Lol.
Thanx for your time on this Chris !
Ill do an Update tomoro, see what happens ?

pluto
27-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I would try a different browser like Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
My little avatar picture at the top left of this post is an animated gif, is it moving?

astronobob
27-01-2013, 04:21 PM
No, your avata is Not animated from here Hugh !
So you mgiht be saying that everyone who has IE does Not have the ability to view Animations ? ? seems strange in that respect ? ?
Cheers for that anyway !

Screwdriverone
27-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Hey good point Hugh,

My Avatar is animated too Bob, I assume this isn't sliding left to right either....you may want to google, animated gifs in IE, could mean you need to update IE.

Cheers

Chris

astronobob
28-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Yep, I see the animations working now,
Animations was not selected in Internet options, dead set, Lol.
and your avata's are on the go! Cool !
Thanx for both your inputs all the same !
Cheers !