PDA

View Full Version here: : Issues installing Lodestar Starlight Xpress driver

John K
25-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi guys,

I just received my Starlight Xpress Lodestar autoguider but cannot seem to be able to install the driver for the camera.

I am simply running Windows XP on an old laptop.

The computer detects the camera and when it tries to install the driver it simply hangs there and needs to be turned off. So I get a "Please wait while the system installs the driver" and then it hangs at "Setting a system restore point and backing up old files".

Have tried turning off the firewall and using a different cable on the camera but no change.

Thoughts or suggestions???

John K.

Merlin66
25-01-2013, 05:49 PM
John,
I successfully run the Lodestar under XP - with AA5/ PHD etc.
Which drivers are you using?

John K
25-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I am simply using what came with the CD with the camera (see image). Assume SXVIO is the driver? Will want to run it with PHD.

Merlin66
25-01-2013, 06:58 PM
John,
I'll check which drivers are running on my PC after dinner....

John0z
25-01-2013, 07:14 PM
You should download the latest drivers from Starlight Xpress. I have the SuperStar autoguider and that is what I did.

http://www.sxccd.com/drivers-downloads

John K
25-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks for advice gents,

just heard from Terry at Starlight Xpress.

The issue is with service pack 3 in XP. Camera needs to be installed with XP running in safe mode. Seems to be installed and connected to PHD. Now for a clear night and enw moon!!

John K.

Merlin66
26-01-2013, 08:49 AM
John,
Sorry I didn't get back to you...but I hadn't heard about a XPsp3 issue so my set up probably wouldn't have helped.
Glad it's all sorted out!