PDA

View Full Version here: : Antonov 124 in Brisbane again today.

hotspur
22-01-2013, 05:05 PM
My son took these images of these big plane as it flew over his house in Brisbane-unfortunately the sky was overcast,but with the RAW file and using my 70-200 L (it filled the frame at 200 mm -no cropping needed).
He managed some reasonable images.

So anyone near Brisbane airport might get some images tomorrow morning-this plane is in high demand to cart stuff everywhere,so will not be here for long.Its about the third time its been to Brisbane in approx four months.

LewisM
22-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Saw it on approach as I headed in to Customs to collect some stuff. Always enjoy seeing it - my half-Russian daughter was with me, and I explained to her all about Russian aeroplanes :)

Shhh... Russian Mum doesn't know we were in Brisbane. Took us 2 hours to get airport to Sandgate thanks to an idiotic caravan "derailment" on the Gateway. Top that with a 35 minute delay on the way down thanks to a grocery truck rolling at the Bribie Island turn off lead to a MARVELLOUS day.

LewisM
23-01-2013, 10:14 AM
These are my 3 Russians... :)

Our Siberian cat we imported... 3 months in Singapore, 1month in Sydney... and we got her.

Meru
23-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Mmmm that's a good looking plane... very jealous Chris! Maybe a bit of photoshopping to bring the details on the plane :)

I actually work for the company that provides Air Traffic Control for australian airspace and have a few colleagues up there in the QLD ATC Tower complex. I'll see if they can get any good snaps too :)

hotspur
23-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Yes,Meru-hope your contacts at the airport got some photos,it flew over the Blackbutt Range this morning at around 7.30,but lots of cloud.Please post some photos if your friends get some.

Yes,Lewis-nice Russians there,those cats are nice-might look at one like that,think they are more of a house cat,our other one went off roamimg all the time and got killed by wild dogs.

leon
24-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Chris mate, it is in Darwin it landed yesterday at about 10am, of coarse i did not have my camera ready. :sadeyes:
I am hoping to get a pic of it when it leaves, but that is another question, how dose one find this out. :shrug:

Leon :thumbsup:

hotspur
24-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Leon,there is a site called Queensland plane spotting-try that.I know a few people that are into plane spotting and just hear from them when something is happening,also try 'flight radar' site.Good luck

Just read your PM Leon,I am very sorry-I did think about you in Darwin,and suspected it would be around near you-I did think maybe I should PM you about it-sorry-check QLD plane spotting-contact the site owner,Brandon and ask when it leave-they may have all that info.

Meru
24-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Ah no luck Chris :( No one managed to get a good picture. Damn it!

leon
24-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Good one Chris I will give that a try, if not I will just take pot luck and hope for the best.

No need to apoligise mate, it's all good, I'll get it one day.

Leon

andrew2008
25-01-2013, 12:58 AM
I work at Brisbane airport and they park this thing right in front of the staff carpark at the norhtern end of the international terminal. It's probably 100-150m away. Very impressive aircraft. I've seen it a few times these last few weeks and only a couple of times in the few years before that. Would like to know why its suddenly here regularly.