PDA

View Full Version here: : Help with processing an LRGB of Comet Lemon.

batema
19-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Hi,
I took 10 x 45 seconds of luminance with 10 x 20 seconds of RGB using a QHY-9 and am wondering if there is any way to process this data. I use Deep Sky Stacker and photoshop. It was taken using a William Optics 110 and I guided on the comet but was quite amazed at how much it moved after each shot. Is there a way to process this????
Thanks
Mark

Liz
19-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Cant help you Mark as am the worlds worst processor, but you might get some good help in 'Beginners Astrophotography'.

Good luck, and look forward to seeing your results. :)

Octane
19-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Combine one set of images registered on the stars. Combine a second set of images registered on the comet.

Take both images and blend the comet in from the set of images registered on the comet.

Great success!

H

batema
19-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Thank you H. You are a legend with the knowledge you have about and the help you give to people.

Mark

batema
19-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I have found that Deep Sky STacker does have a Comet function but I could not see the comet to stack on it. How do you use either DSS or Registax to stack on the comet only as I can not work it out. Also when I used the Comet function in DSS I ended up getting black artifacts on some of my stars.

Thanks

Mark

Octane
19-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey mate,

I don't use DSS, but, in practise it should be all the same.

That's OK if you get black dots in the comet-registered image; you will be loading both the comet-registered image and the star-registered image in Photoshop, and then paint in just the comet from the comet-registered image layer.

You familiar with layer masks and painting?

H