PDA

View Full Version here: : international postage from Australia-options?

hotspur
14-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Just wondering if there are any options apart from AP to send parcels OS.

My son has a produced a DVD documentary and its getting replicated this week,our main OS customers are in the US and one in the UK-that's asking for exclusive distribution rights on it.

The postage to US via AP is $103 for 5KG and for 3KG $71

to the UK its quite a bit more at $132 for 5KG and $92 for 3KG.

All of the above is via airmail,the sea option is cheaper-but very slow

Each of these options can get a reasonably large amount of DVD's OS,but wonder if there are more options that might be cheaper.

As most here would know the US has a 20 pound flat rate postage box from their country to here-for approx $55 -which although still expensive is far better than AP rates.

So if anyone has any helpful suggestion-look forward to reading

Thanks

RobinClayton
15-01-2013, 04:51 PM
You could send one copy to a printing house in US and UK, then get them to replicate the DVD and associated material, then you dont have international postage costs - but you also dont have any control over quality of finished product. This would also overcome any region locks if you create the DVD here.

hotspur
16-01-2013, 09:05 AM
That's good thinking there Robin,I did think about that.But like you say-no control over finished product.

The region lock issue,was something that caused us to think and reserach-thankfully we had a good researcher on the team.Apparently,PAL works everywhere now-in the USA,all dvd players etc work PAL from1999,before that it was mainly NTSC,somehow this NTSC/PAL bit goes all the way back to the war (WWII),not sure how.

Another chap we know made a dvd and sold 100 to US-all in PAL-no issues.

With regards to the UK-the chap we dealing with wants sole distribution rights-the postage is very expensive-so in order to lower costs to all,I am suggesting we send the slicks and dvd discs,and he buy blank cases and put them together there.

Thanks for input Robin-I guess asking about SENDING parcels on this site
was not a good idea LOL,its more about receiving parcels from US and HK-all those glass lenses etc LOL.