PDA

View Full Version here: : Extended warranties : your rights as a consumer

kinetic
12-01-2013, 08:17 AM
deleted

doppler
12-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Interesting artical, Harvey Norman in Mackay still offers extended warranty. My daughter got talked into it for a samsung galaxy tablet a couple of weeks ago. $180 extra but discounted to $150 and 200 free photo prints a year at their lab. Must be feeling guilty.

Lee
12-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Great isn't it.... in this age of environmental responsibility too... maybe manufacturers need to be made to offer certain minimum warranty periods, or pay environmental taxes??

Lee
12-01-2013, 10:11 AM
I almost always take the extended warranty... I had an LCD TV replaced due to some shadowing on the monitor.... actually only I could see it (fussy!), and even had to demonstrate it to the 'repairer' by displaying a plain dark-grey JPG file.... replaced for new, at 5yr of age.....

TrevorW
12-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Generally speaking if you don't have a problem with an electrical item in the first 12 months you are not likely too

I have never purchased an extended warranty, besides a lot of products you buy are replaced with a newer better model within a couple of years.

I have been aware of consumer rights and laws for many years having studied business law quite a number of year ago, then one of the Acts you read is the "Sale of Goods Act", little has changed in relation to consumer rights

trek1701
12-01-2013, 05:55 PM
I read about this in August edition of Choice magazine :sadeyes:

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/retail/050623-united-warranties-collapses-after-chief-executive-vern-rickman-s-disappearing-act.html

Mark

Ric
13-01-2013, 02:46 AM
A very interesting article Steve

Something I was not aware of.

Thanks