PDA

View Full Version here: : Ba'ader MPCC Extension Tube - suppliers?

Screwdriverone
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi All,

I have researched and it seems for me to use my MPCC on the front of the Atik 314L+, the optimal distance between the MPCC back end and the CCD plane is 55mm.

Question is, where can I get a cheapish M42 x 0.75mm 50-55mm long Extension tube with male threads on one end and female on the other? I dont want to have to buy the full extension tube set as I already have the MPCC, I just need a 50mm spacing tube or combination of smaller ones to achieve optimum separation to use the coma corrector properly and hopefully reduce some vignetting.

Any ideas where I can get something suitable?

Thanks

Chris

rustigsmed
11-01-2013, 04:11 PM
watching with interest ...

trying not to hijack Chris but whoever answers yours will probably know my issue ...

I had my MPCC delivered this week - tried to get it out last night in melbourne to figure it out. but, not sure if i have it working as it was too windy and then the clouds / rain came in.

i have a 12" f/5 skywatcher (dob), canon 600d.

i was using my M48 t-adaptor.

firstly tried the supplied 28mm spacer/MPCC combo (the bigger of the two) and i couldn't reach focus - it needed to go inwards more.

i then tried the smaller spacer 14mm / MPCC combo and it reached focus.

Got some test shots off but wind effected the tracking. i think its worked but not completely.

does anyone know if the 14mm spacer sufficient in the link to get the required 55mm from coma corrector to sensor? if not i guess i'm going to need to alter the scope :(

Screwdriverone
11-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi Russell,

No worries mate.

I didnt need a spacer for my Canon 1000D, the T ring and the MPCC, I simply screwed the MPCC into the T ring and off I went on my 12" dob. On my 8" newt however, I cant get enough inward focus, so I bought a low profile 2" focuser adapter from the UK.

If you got focus, you should be able to see if there is coma in the corners quite easily.

Seems, your question also made me think that its the 28mm and the 14mm spacers I need to get a total of 42mm from the front of my Atik as the sensor is 13mm below that, so bang, smack on 55mm is what I need.

Now, back to the original question? Where can you buy JUST the spacers from?

Chris

peter_4059
11-01-2013, 05:19 PM
is this what you are after?

http://www.myastroshop.com.au/products/cam-adapt.asp

http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_ttet.htm

tlgerdes
12-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Peter Tan in HK can make you a fully adjustable spacer in about 2 weeks. Adjusts from 40mm to 65mm. Cost was about $50 if remember, got mine 2yrs ago.

Screwdriverone
12-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Hmm, thanks Peter and Trevor....

I might have a look at Peter Tan's website, thanks!

Cheers

Chris

tlgerdes
12-01-2013, 11:14 PM
I had a look on there and couldnt see it. I will dig up the specs from my archives (they are actually Marc Aragnou's specs as he designed it originally) and send them through on the next day or so.

Screwdriverone
12-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks Trevor

Cheers

Chris