PDA

View Full Version here: : Those 'colours' you see in the dark, can some be affected more?

insphere
09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
In low light conditions, I see colours (like static) when I look around.
I know everyone experiences this and it's probably normal.

For instance when I look through an eyepiece observing dimmer stars or objects, it seems to bother me to the point distraction. And not the type of ignorable distraction either, it physically disables me to view some more distant objects unless they are somewhat brighter.

I believe I experience this more so than others because it doesn't seem to bother them as much.

Can anyone else relate?

GraemeT
09-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Could be the early signs of glaucoma. In low light situations, the pupil opens up and the bunched up iris can block the angle of the eye's anterior chamber which contains the aqueous drainage network. Check your eye pressure with your local optometrist.

jjjnettie
09-01-2013, 09:20 PM
It's also a symptom of the beginning of retina detachment.
I'd go see your ophthalmologist.

insphere
09-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I had an appointment Q2 last year. But I try do eye tests every year. So I will book one soon! I don't have the healthiest eyes though. Kind of sucks when this interest relies so heavily on them!

jjjnettie
09-01-2013, 10:12 PM
I have floaters that obscure the middle of my FOV in one eye.
It's one of the main reasons I do astro imaging and not visual.

Glad you're going to see the doc. Look after those eyes. :)

insphere
09-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Well don't worry. I'm in the exact same boat. But instead, both eyes. But only the left has them drift through the FOV. What's worse is that I've had them since I was about 16. Most frustrating thing ever, right? I'll never know when there is a Mosquito in the room :P