PDA

View Full Version here: : DMK41AU02.AS down

nandopg
06-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi folks,
My DMK41AU02.AS stop working for no reason. I was wondering if anyone might have the service manual of the camera to share. From my country is virtually impossible to send stuff out for service and get it back.

Thanks for any help,

Fernando

Scorpius51
06-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi Fernando

Have you tried re-installing the software, particularly the drivers (un-install the original first). Try it out on a different PC.

Getting the service manual may be difficult - I've tried doing a web search. Have you contacted Imaging Source?

Good luck
John

asimov
06-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Go here, signup & pose your questions > http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/forum.php?

nandopg
06-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Yes, I already did that. Reinstall just the driver, just the IC.Capture, both... nothing. When I connect the camera to IC.Capture I got a message telling the camera is in live mode but it doesn't seem to delivery any image. Translating: I am screwed !!

I will do that John !!

Scorpius51
06-01-2013, 10:56 AM
OK. I recently installed the software for my DMK21. I had problems getting an image initially and I am sure that I got a similar message. It turned out to be a bad USB cable!

Good luck.

pvelez
06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Fernando

try setting the frame rate to a lower rate. I had this when I had the camera set to 60 fps. All good when I changed it to 30 fps

Pete

asimov
06-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Fernando, you need to be more specific. Having it just stop working could be a lot of things. I think I've had most problems with mine, & I have 2 Imaging Source cams. Are you using IC Capture?

nandopg
06-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi Asi, yes I am using IC. Capture. I was imaging the sun as I usually do and during the capture the screen of the computer became black and I got a message: the camera is in live mode but it doesn't seem to deliver any image. After this no more image. I tried to connect in two different computers getting the same behaviour. I think I have a failed unit.
Sad history, isn'it?

Thank you. Please see my reply to John above.

asimov
06-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Ok, I have has this problem on numerous occasions. In my case, a simple computer reboot was the fix. In your case, apparently not. Every case seems to be different, which makes diagnosis almost impossible..Pete is of course correct with the frame rate info. But I'll assume you have already tried this.

I would now still try the link I supplied. Sorry I could not be of much help Fernando..:shrug:

asimov
06-01-2013, 12:51 PM
BTW the cable COULD be a possibility. I still have & use my original cable that I've had for close to 6 yrs...Which means I was just lucky of course, lol. Would pay to try another one though I think Fernando.

AstroFlyer
07-01-2013, 06:17 PM
+1
I had issues with my new DMK21 stopping for no reason.
Turned out to be a faulty brand new cable.
Swapped the cables & the problem disappeared.

asimov
07-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Reckon I could tow my car with my 6 year old cable lol. It's had a hard life & yet still works! Try it & let us know Fernando.

trent_julie
07-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi Fernando,
Just to further amplify some of the ideas presented here, I have has this problem in the past the things that I check when this happens;

1. Try a different USB port / computer (I have had this happen before where the camera seems to lock out your control requests)
2. Change your frame rate and check that you haven't asked for a really long exposure
3. Try a different cable, this I have run into a couple of times.

I hope this helps.

Trent

Screwdriverone
07-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi Fernando,

I have had this too in IC capture with my DBK21AU618.AS

It sounds like the camera is being detected, so I would try another program such as PHD (free) which is very easy to use, I would select it as a windows WDM style web camera and then press the loop image button and see if you can see a picture.

Alternatively, if windows IS seeing the camera, simply try the windows "scanner and camera wizard" and see if you can capture an image after you select the camera.

Of course, my instructions assume you are running windows, but its worth a shot even on another OS in any similar video capture program to see if you can get a picture out of the camera.

The idea of using another USB cable is a good one too, try this as well.

Hope you sort it out,

Cheers

Chris

2stroke
07-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Yep the number of dogey usb cables i have had are unreal. The other day my dsi pro for guiding was connecting and just displaying white noise in phd (wasn't a usb 1.1 issue), grabbed the usb cable from the printer and bam it was perfect :) also the same happened with an external drive, it connected but asked me to format each time, new cable bam :)

alocky
07-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi Fernando - my DBK41 does this occaisionally, but my DMK41 never does. It usually sorts itself out when I unplug the camera and restart the software. Wish I could offer some concrete advice, but I did find the support guys at Imagesource to be extremely helpful.
cheers,
Andrew.

Star Catcher
08-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi Fernando
I get this message, from time to time. I simply check the two auto check boxes on the Properties dialog box i.e. gain and exposure. It then restarts live view. Then uncheck and all is back to normal. I have also had problems with USB cables that work fine with other equipment but the DMK can be choosy. Help this helps.

Ted